Citizens Hammer and Anvil
Hayden Turk liked setting things on fire. When he learned that a snap of his dry fingers would cause his hands to burst into flames that could not burn him, and that he could expand those flames to burn everything around him, it didn’t take long for him to get in a lot of trouble and end up in a high-security prison with his hands encased in concrete.
Lucas Ender’s ability to create radiant wing-like projections which protect him and allow him to teleport over great distances, coupled with his penchant for fighting with a hammer and shield made him of great interest to Citizen Dawn. She found the elusive pariah and gave him a task. Break Hayden Turk from prison and bring him to the Citadel of the Sun. Lucas did so with minimal difficulty, and now the two work side-by-side as Citizens Hammer and Anvil.
Now, Citizen Dawn has sent them on a mission. After learning of Project Cocoon from Citizens Truth and Dare, she hopes to find more powered individuals who would be willing to join her ranks. Perhaps even the impressive psychic, The Visionary, could see a future in which the world burned brightly with the power of the Citizens of the Sun!
- References for Cards in this deck and in other decks. See the full list here.
- Link to sources for confirm-able information, separate unconfirmed in a different section, RL Card References in a third, and Art References in a fourth. See This page for more detailed information on how to categorize references
- Anvil is based off Adam's Mage character from World of Warcraft, and is drawn to look like him, while Hammer is based off Christopher's Paladin (including the 'Wings of Light' and drawn to look like him)
- Worked primarily with Biomancer and Sergeant Steel on their various plots going against Dark Watch Letters Page Episode 4
- This duo is the best and you can read that in the show notes here Letters Page Episode 5
Vengeance Style Deck
- Burn the Divide (x2)
- Destroy 2 Equipment cards. Citizen Hammer deals each Hero character card 2 fire damage for each Equipment card belonging to that Hero destroyed this way.
- Art: Citizen Hammer inserting his flaming hand into Omnitron-X;
- Flavor text: "Fatal system eror. Internal systems overheating. Abort. Abort!" - Omnitron-X, Time & Again #10
- Citizens' Imperative (x2)
- If both Citizen Hammer and Citizen Anvil are active, they regain 2 HP each. If not, the active character card in this play area deals the Hero target with the lowest HP 3 melee damage.
- Art: Citizen Anvil and Citizen Hammer kneeling in front of Citizen Dawn;
- Flavor text: "Yes, my liege. We will range far and wide, and return with only those most worthy." - Citizen Hammer, The Citizens' Imperative
- Cleansing Flames (x3)
- Citizen Hammer deals each non-Villain target 1 fire damage. Each villain target regains 1 HP.
- Art: Citizen Anvil glowing orange and Citizen Hammer glowing yellow;
- Flavor text: "Both of them read temperatures off the charts. They're essentially on fire from the inside!" - Tachyon, Freedom Five #704
- Living Firebomb (x2)
- Destroy the Environment target with the lowest HP. Citizen Hammer deals each non-Villain target 2 fire damage.
- Art: Visionary and Expatriette looking on a glowing mummy walks towards them;
- Flavor text: "That's a first. Never seen an incendiary mummy before." - Expatriette, Tomb of the Bizarre #41
- Pyro-Hammer (x2)
- Citizen Anvil deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage. Citizen Hammer deals each non-Villain target 1 fire damage.
- Art: Citizen Anvil swinging a flaming hammer into the face of Legacy;
- Flavor text: "HALT." - Citizen Anvil, Freedom Five #704
- Scorching Snap (x2)
- Citizen Hammer deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 fire damage. Prevent the next damage dealt by that target.
- Art: Citizen Hammer snapping his fingers and producing a flame;
- Flavor text: *SNAP* "Let's start some fires!" - Citizen Hammer, Rumble in the Jungle #5
- Bastion (x2)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Position cards. Reduce damage dealt to Villain character cards other than Citizen Anvil by 2. If Citizen Anvil is ever incapacitated, flip his character card, restore him to 5 HP, and destroy this card.
- Art: Citizen Hammer with his glowing wings coming out and shattering part of the ground;
- Flavor text: "He is no holy warrior, but his resolve is indisputable." - Fanatic, Fanatic #32
- Cover Fire (x2)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Position cards. Reduce damage dealt to Citizen Hammer by 1. The first time Citizen Anvil is dealt damage each turn, Citizen Hammer deals the source of that damage 2 fire damage.
- Art: Citizen Anvil using his shield to cover Citizen Hammer from an incoming blast;
- Flavor text: "Yeesh, Lucas. Try to have a little fun with it. You're always so serious!" - Citizen Hammer, Rumble in the Jungle #3
- Wildfire (x2)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Position cards. At the end of Citizens Hammer & Anvil's turn, Citizen Hammer deals each non-Villain target 1 fire damage and Citizen Hammer and Citizen Anvil regain 1 HP each.
- Art: Citizen Hammer with flames all around with Citizen Anvil behind him with a glowing fist;
- Flavor text: "Now we're talking! Burn it all! Keep that juice flowing, grumpy." - The Visionary, Mystery Comics #490
- Hammer & Shield  (x1)
- Reduce damage dealt to Citizen Anvil by 1. At the end of Citizens Hammer & Anvil's turn, Citizen Anvil deals the Hero target with the highest HP 2 melee damage.
- Art: Citizen Anvil's Hammer and Shield stacked on the wall;
- Flavor text: "Take up your weapons, reforged in the fires of your home. You have work to do." - Citizen Dawn, The Citizens' Imperative