Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nothing Here Yet
Questions Answered on The Letters Page
- From Podcast 74
- In an earlier episode, it was mentioned that Aeon Girl can change her form easily, so why maintain the Aeon Man motif? That's how she looks - "species" is the wrong word to describe it, but it's a useful metaphor to say that that's what her species looks like. She's not so much a "shapeshifter" archetype so much as doing things like height/weight/density control or body augmentation, but it's not what she's doing in combat. She can pick what she looks like, but it's mostly just cosmetic.
- Lifeline used a bunch of OblivAeon energy to create Aeon Girl, but now that she's her own entity, does she have some finite amount of energy? She doesn't have an "infinite" amount of energy, but her power source is nebulously defined - she can exhaust herself, but she can recharge by just existing and drawing in energy from the cosmos.
- How does Aeon Girl keep up such a shining smile? Are there other Aeon People still around? Any other "reformed" ones? There are no more Aeon People out there. She was created out of the same kind of energy as they were, but she's her own thing. She is "overly pleasant", outgoing, very curious. Judgement is not a prominent trait for her?
- Any "torches and pitchforks" mob reaction to Aeon Girl considering how much she looks like those guys who were trying to destroy reality a little while back? Why did she become a superhero? After her creation she was basically just left with the Freedom Five (who then formed the Sentinels of Freedom). She's not really out in public much and she has disguises for when she needs to be (plus if she puts on clothes she just has the hair and skin tone to set her off, neither of which is too far out there (and in any event, the Aeon Men didn't have visible faces like she has so the hair/skin thing isn't enough to draw the comparison in the first place). What she inherited from the Aeon Men thing is the orange outfit with blue energy lines, which isn't an uncommon color combo in general.
- Seems like a strong mentor figure like Scholar or NightMist would be useful to help Aeon Girl navigate the process of becoming sentient, but since they're both unavailable, who does she turn to? The Freedom Five, mostly. Time Slinger. They teach her some, but she learns a lot of "how to be a person" from Daybreak. She's not lacking a basic sense of morality - she started with that and so avoids a lot of the dangers in common "created being" stories.
- How does Aeon Girl interact with the rest of Daybreak? Other heroes? Is she respected in general or do people hold her origin as OblivAeon energy against her? Unlike Muse, a lot of heroes are concerned about her origin. People out in the world aren't aware of what she is, but the heroes keep an eye on her. They also know, however, that they need to be cautious about it as they don't want to do anything that might turn her evil (say, being discriminated against just for existing). She gets along well with Daybreak - the rest of the team kind of adopt her as a project; it's their job to make sure she turns out as a good, fun person. Like, she just went to class and did her training, they took her out to get pizza and see a movie.
- Given the comics industry's reticence to permanently kill off bad guys, is there any semblance of OblivAeon lurking in her psyche? She's made entirely out of OblivAeon energy - that is not the same thing as OblivAeon's consciousness [that sounds more like Progeny's deal]. The analogy made a while back is that she's made out of OblivAeon's blood, which isn't the part of you that makes decisions. It's probably fine.
- Is Aeon Girl aware of her origin from Aeon Girl? She knows the facts, but not really what that means (which will probably come up eventually).
- Does she hear voices from OblivAeon? No.
- Does she ever reach out to Lifeline? Yes, but with zero success so far.
- What can she do with her cosmic powers? How does this compare with OblivAeon shard-empowered people? She can fly, shoot beams of blue energy from her hands, alter her density, absorb energy (an aside at this point to say that she's not only cosmic energy, but something close to infernal due to the connection to Lifeline). She's probably more powerful than most people who have picked up OblivAeon shards in terms of raw power ("one of the most powerful characters"), but she has no conception of what her limits are or how to make use of it.