Young Legacy is a Promo Card for Legacy's deck. She becomes her own hero, Beacon, in Sentinel Tactics.
Variant: Originally revealed during the Rook City Kickstarter
The famed Parsons family line produced many male heirs to the Legacy power, but Pauline Felicia Parsons is the first female Legacy. She began showing signs of her powers in her mid-teens, but she was as surprised as the rest of her family when she began firing atomic beams of destructive energy from her eyes! Now, Felicia (as she prefers to be called) leads her life as a full-time student, but she knows she may be called upon to take up the mantle of Legacy at any time.
This information is from Sentinel Tactics, one of two branching alternate timelines after the OblivAeon Event!
Many years ago, in the world of Sentinel Comics, there was a rift in the timelines in an arc that came to be known as the Shattered Timelines. During this time - or times, rather - the Iron Legacy event occurred, leaving a hefty mark on the primary timeline of Sentinel Comics. However, not all of the results of that event were negative...
When Iron Legacy appeared, many heroes assembled to fight him, including Legacy AND his daughter, Pauline Felicia Parsons, who would someday become Legacy in her own right. In the course of that battle, both father and daughter were gravely injured, which resulted in them not being able to respond weeks later when word came that Baron Blade was planning some dastardly plot involving the Wagner Mars Base. Instead other heroes confronted the mad Baron and stopped his plot, which turned out to be an elaborate trap for the Parsons - surely, one of them would have fallen in that conflict. However, because of this temporal interruption, neither did.
Now, years later, Paul Parsons still leads the Freedom Five as Legacy, but his daughter is a formidable hero herself. Pauline Felicia Parsons knows that someday, she will take up the mantle of Legacy, but for now, she will take her own name: Beacon!
Beacon often fights alongside the Freedom Five, as well as many other heroes. More brash than her father, she relies on her nigh-invulnerability to get up close to her foes and unleash devastating blasts of energy from her eyes.
Felicia Parsons is the culmination of the entire line of Legacies, with the advantage of both additional powers and expert tutelage from her father. Villains should beware when Beacon is on patrol!
- The art on Young Legacy's original incapacitated side is an homage to the famous picture of Superman holding a dead Supergirl on the cover of Crisis on Infinite Earths #7.
- Young Legacy's death at the Hands of Baron Blade sparks the alternate timeline of Shattered Timelines.
- The fight against Iron Legacy, involving both Legacy and Young Legacy from an alternate timeline, altered their timeline, causing neither to be at the fight when Baron Blade set his trap; both survive into the future, with Young Legacy taking on the role of Beacon in the Tactics timeline.
- Strictly speaking, she is only known as "Beacon" in the Tactics timeline.
- Like her father, she's an only child
To Other Works
- Beacon is a clear reference to DC's Supergirl, the young female Kryptonian who shares Superman's name and legacy.
Variant Pack New Artwork
The All Heroes Variant Pack released with OblivAeon contains new artwork for the heroes and their variant cards.
Young Legacy Hero Deck
See Legacy for Young Legacy's Sentinels of the Multiverse cards.
Sentinel Tactics: Beacon Power Cards
- Focused Blast
- Action: After checking Range for this attack, remove each die which rolled higher than the target's range. For each die removed this way, add two dice that show the target's exact range.
- Flavor text: "Let's see how you feel after getting hit by the brunt of my power, rock-beast!" - Beacon, Beacon #26
- Ongoing: Surge: Gain a Defense+1 token.
- Ongoing: When defending, you may reroll one of your Defense dice.
- Flavor text: "She's not stopping! Why won't you just die?!" - Riot Ray, Beacon #29
- Head-On Collision
- Action: If Beacon deals damage with this attack, also Push that target spaces equal to the amount of damage dealt.
- Flavor text: "Alright, Mister Growls and Bites. Let's see if we can make a positive attitude change here." - Beacon, Sentinel Sagas #16
- Action: Draw Line of Sight from Beacon along one of the six cardinal hex directions. Beacon makes this attack against each target in that line, ignoring Range.
- Flavor text: "Out of the way, drones! Or, I mean, please do stay in the way! Look, just line up for me, OK?" - Beacon, Freedom Five #17
- Next Evolution
- Ongoing: Whenever Beacon makes an attack for the first time each turn, that attack may attack two different targets. At least one of those targets must be adjacent to Beacon.
- Flavor text: "Gosh, she's not very nice, is she? She seems to cheerful, but then it's all fists and lasers!" - Citizen Spring, Beacon #41
- Piercing Eye-Beams
- Ongoing: Beacon's attacks skip checking Line of Sight. (The Line of Sight check on "Kree-Oww!!!" still applies.)
- Flavor text: "I've had just about enough of your nonsense, you little creep. No more games!" - Beacon, Beacon #30
See Legacy's Clarifications for the Clarifications for Young Legacy's Sentinels of the Multiverse cards.