Note: These are pulled via an automatic pull from CharacterName/Comics subpages of all the characters on the wiki. They are in alphabetical order by character, not necessarily story order. If there is nothing in a section, then the page is setup to be included here but the information has not yet been added.
The heroes known as Bunker, Absolute Zero, and Unity are working to uncover the mystery behind the villain Chokepoint. How did she get so much power? And why was she locked up in a secret bunker in Fort Adamant? What is really going on here? Armed with some new tricks, the heroes have to get to the bottom of this, before it's too late...
When Ryan Frost stepped into Vance's work bay, he could immediately tell something was bothering the two heroes working there. As opposed to the normally affable tinkering that took place when Vance and Caspit worked together, instead, the two were locked in conversation, both so concerned that they didn't even notice Absolute Zero enter the room. They were preparing to go on a reconnaissance mission to an army base that Vance used to be stationed at - Frost had nothing better to do and invited himself along, figuring he was signing up for a leisurely trip with a couple of friends. Instead, they were handily defeated by a familiar and yet different foe, who now went by the name Chokepoint.
Regrouping at their headquarters, the three heroes developed new tech and tricks to take down this new threat. Absolute Zero knows that his entire suit - the only thing that keeps him alive - is a weapon that is all too easily turned against him by their foe. He still had to have the Modules that allows his suit to operate, but rather than housing them in a metal suit, he covered them with a thick layer of ice. This amplified his power by putting his cold power out in the open. However, this ice suit also made him more vulnerable to damage than ever. Knowing that could only be a short-term solution, Absolute Zero is eager to end this fight quickly.
- This plays an important role in the Termi-Nation story given that Chokepoint is able to dismantle Bunker's, Unity's, and AZ's gear. More about this story in particular in the Chokepoint and Freedom Five episodes, but his main development is that he's more able to directly control the moisture in the air around him and he uses ice to protect himself and his modules, minimizing the amount of "suit" he has to wear. It's a high-risk, high-reward strategy.
When Lt. Tyler Vance was approached about Fort Adamant by the Freedom Five sidekick/intern Devra Caspit, he was surprised. Why would Unity be asking questions about his old Army base assignment? Turns out, that's where a more newly formed team of heroes had been training. Oddly, Bunker had not heard anything from the base, and now, he was unable to make contact with anyone there. Expressing his concerns to Unity and Absolute Zero, the three of them quickly decided to pay Fort Adamant a visit. There, they were handily defeated by a familiar and yet different foe, who now went by the name Chokepoint.
Regrouping at their headquarters, the three heroes developed new tech and tricks to take down this new threat. Vance and Caspit worked together to develop a new version of the Bunker suit, this one based on ceramic construction and avoiding metal components as much as possible. Chokepoint could communicate with metal on a level that made any metal a liability in combat against her. Wearing his fully modular and adaptive ceramic Bunker suit, Vance is ready to take on Chokepoint, with the help of his allies.
Termi-Nation arc involves a lot of Bunker stuff as Chokepoint was being held at Fort Adamant by General Armstrong, who was in charge of the Ironclad project, but also turned out to be involved in a lot of shady stuff (there will be a Termi-Nation podcast). It results in the new, modular, mostly ceramic Bunker suit being built, though. The modular technology also plays into Omnitron V's ability to transform as much as it does in Tactics.
- While she's in her coma, Deadline shows up to do his thing. One of his tools is the Zenith Gauge, which allows him to find the weak points/stress points in the world - that is, what allows him to cause the cataclysms. Once he's defeated, the Zenith Gauge winds up in Freedom Tower. It's made of a crystal (actually a strange kind of alien metal) as well as a band and two globes that orbit around it. This crystal "calls out" to Choke in a stronger fashion than most, even while she's comatose, and is drawn to her all the way from Freedom Tower (dragging the other components with it) to Fort Adamant and merges with her. The crystal fills in the hole in her torso left by K.N.Y.F.E. (see the art in the show notes/on Chokepoint's card "Empowered Self Repair"), healing her and waking her up.
- She now has an expanded knowledge and awareness than she'd had previously (as well as cool new accessories orbiting her head - the band and spheres that were the remainder of the Zenith Gauge) and is now Chokepoint. This makes her a living embodiment of the Zenith Gauge - able to use its power to find the weak points in things around her. This alters her goals into "destroy weakness" leading into Termi-Nation (which will be covered more in the Questions section).
- Chokepoint's ability is to speak to metal, and all of the "speaking metal" going on here drew her. This is the kickoff event to the Termi-Nation story. Omnitron-U helps out in the first fight along with AZ and Bunker.
Variant: Originally released during the 2015 Holiday Season
Meanwhile, the heroes known as Bunker, Absolute Zero, and Unity are working to uncover the mystery behind the villain Chokepoint. How did she get so much power? And why was she locked up in a secret bunker in Fort Adamant? What is really going on here? Armed with some new tricks, the heroes have to get to the bottom of this, before it's too late…
- First Appearance: Freedom Five #768
Unity had been in contact with the Southwest Sentinels - an allied team of the Freedom Five - right until they'd gone silent. She had been excited to hear that they were working with some of Bunker's old compatriots in the Ironclad Project at Fort Adamant, but now, no communication was coming out of the Army base, and she was worried. She first approached Lt. Vance to see if he'd heard anything from the Army base. His lack of information was a growing concern, so the two of them, accompanied by Absolute Zero, went to Fort Adamant themselves to find out what was going on. There, they were handily defeated by a familiar and yet different foe, who now went by the name Chokepoint.
Regrouping at their headquarters, the three heroes developed new tech and tricks to take down this new threat. Unity goes into battle knowing that her creations can be easily compromised. However, her ability to recover and repurpose them is stronger than ever, given her focus and preparations.