Heartbreaker was a man known as Tony Taurus, a detective in Rook City. He eventually sickened of the corruption in the police force, and left to become a Private Eye. But even then, the corruption and crime in the city drove him slowly mad, eventually cracking him. The pressure of all the wrong doings in Rook City destroyed this once good man, leaving him broken and moral-less. Combined with being forced to fight for his life in the Bloodsworn Colosseum, he turned into a remorseless killer. Now, he has no empathy or care for anything or anyone. Everyone deserves to die, and he may as well make some money in the process.
This information is from Sentinel Tactics, one of two branching alternate timelines after the OblivAeon Event!
DELAYED: Character from the now delayed indefinitely For Profit expansion for Sentinel Tactics
The masked man known as Heartbreaker has been through a lot. He used to work on the side of the law, but enough corruption can turn the most stalwart of men. Loss and disgrace taught him that he could not protect those around him. Hell, he couldn't even protect himself. But he could take. From lawman to assassin, his life turned from chasing righteous goals and failing, to chasing personal gain and succeeding. Heartbreaker may be a scoundrel, but he knows his business.
- References for Cards in this deck and in other decks. See the full list here.
- Link to sources for confirm-able information, separate unconfirmed in a different section, RL Card References in a third, and Art References in a fourth. See This page for more detailed information on how to categorize references
- Heartbreaker has been confirmed to be Tony Taurus Christopher AMA.
- Heartbreaker makes his appearance during the Vengeance events with a sneak attack on Mr. Fixer while Dark Watch was busy fighting a group of Proletariat clones. He was hired by The Chairman to kill Mr. Fixer as he was still seen as a danger to The Organization. (Letters Page 10)
- From Letters Page Interlude 7 - Nemeses
- What exactly happened to turn Tony Taurus into Heartbreaker? Was the events in the Bloodsworn Colosseum part of this? He was a cop in Rook City until he realized the level of corruption there - not so much a single event, but the years and years of futile police work just got to him, and so he quit to become a private investigator (his Rook City card appearance). This didn't stop his interactions with the worst in people, though, since he's still in Rook City. Then the Bloodsworn Colosseum shows up and he's stuck in there for a while and forced to fight. He survives, but he's lost a lot of his morality in the process. He's just a broken man by now and eventually becomes Heartbreaker - just a remorseless murderer. People are terrible and deserve to die and nothing means anything anyway, may as well make some money off of it in the meantime. It's a sad story as he was genuinely interested in helping people at the beginning, but now he's been broken in as much a way as it's possible for a person to break.