< HermeticJump to navigation Jump to search
- From Letters Page Interlude 7 - Nemeses
- Is Hermetic an ancient alchemist kept alive by his own (red) philosopher's stone or is he just into steampunk? Any other philosopher's stones out there? Is he important somehow ("Do you know who I am?")? He *is* an ancient alchemist kept alive by his alchemy, but the red stone isn't keeping *anybody* alive. It's a blood stone (about the opposite of a philosopher's stone). His "cures" are for mortality - he's trying to cure life itself. He shouts the "do you know who I am?" stuff due to his inflated sense of importance, not because he's nobility or anything. He's been around for a long time, but doesn't do anything really notable (until he does...).
To Other Works
- The Alchemy table on his card, and many of the herbs in it, are from Skyrim
- Hermetic is holding a large, glowing red rock and is standing in front of vials filled with red liquid. In keeping with the visual themes of his nemesis the Scholar, we can assume that these are references to the alchemic red liquids and false philosopher stones that acted as McGuffins in the anime “Fullmetal Alchemist.” It seems that Hermetic is employing similar methods to create his own version of the mystic stone his nemesis possesses.
- The Letters Page Interlude 7 determined this is not a philosophers stone, but a Blood Stone, possibly similar to what Bugbear has.