Sentinels of the Multiverse: La Comodora
- Brig Teleporter (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card. At the end of your turn, La Comodora may deal 1 target 1 irreducible Energy Damage. Then, if that target has 5 or fewer HP, it cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn.
- Art: Greazer trapped in a pink energy cage;
- Flavor-text: "Serves him right. He called me a miarlken basaboon! Not even sure what that means." - Mainstay, Void Guard #8
- Cannon Portal (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card. At the end of your turn, La Comodora deals 1 target 3 Projectile Damage.
- Art: La Comodora directing a giant energy cannon sticking out of a pink time portal;
- Flavor-text: "Broadsides, phase in! It's time to show them what we're made of!" - La Comodora, Scion Strike #6
- Future-Tech Deck Gun (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card.
- Power: La Comodora deals up to 5 targets 1 irreducible Energy Damage each.
- Art: A giant energy gun turret sticking out of a time portal in space;
- Flavor-text: "All these things to shoot in space! Whatever shall I do?" - La Comodora, Void Guard #7
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card.
- Paradoja Figurehead (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card. Increase damage dealt by Hero targets in this play area by 1. At the end of your turn, you may move this card to a play area that doesn't contain a Paradoja Figurehead.
- Art: A ship's figurehead that depicts a skeleton holding a glowing glass sphere with an hourglass inside it;
- Flavor-text: "Majestic and inspiring! Do you feel the thrill when the figurehead comes into view?" - La Comodora, Freedom Five #799
- Rudder in the Timestream (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card.
- Power: Move 1 card from a trash to the bottom of that card's deck. Then, move 1 card from a different trash to the bottom of that card's deck. Draw 1 card.
- Art: La Comodora on her ship connecting Haka and Arataki together in the timestream;
- Flavor-text: "I tie their essence together, disconnecting them from time. Now, they are sustained by each other." - La Comodora, Time Trust
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card.
- Temporal Rigging (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card. At the end of your turn, a Hero may use a Power. If none do, you may draw a card.
- Art: Greatest Legacy rappelling out of a time portal on a line of energy to confront OblivAeon;
- Flavor-text: "Stand down, villain! I've not seen the likes of you before, but I know evil when I see it!" - Legacy, Freedom Five #800
- Timeless Treasure (x2)
- At the start of your turn, either discard a card or destroy this card. At the end of your turn, up to three players may each draw a card.
- Art: La Comodora handing a casually-clothed Fanatic a black-bladed sword from another reality;
- Flavor-text: "It is yours. It always has been. Just not a you that would seem familiar to this you." - La Comodora, Tome of the Bizarre #80
- Concordant Helm (x3)
- You may take your Play, Power, and Draw phases in any order. At the end of your turn, you may either move an Equipment card from your trash to your hand or put the bottom card of yor deck in your hand.
- Art: Concordia, a ship's wheel shaped robot, floating in the air;
- Flavor-text: ¡Si, si! It is time to go. Or perhaps it is not time... Oh, right, it is always time!" - Concordia, Time Trust
- Flintlock And Cutlass (x4)
- La Comodora deals 1 target 2 Projectile Damage. La Comodora deals 1 target 2 Melee Damage.
- Art: A helmeted La Comodora brandishing her sword and gun while standing inside Omnitron-IV;
- Flavor-text: "Can a robot have honor? Come forward and show yourself to be worthy of combat!" - La Comodora, Freedom Five #785
- Harnessed Anomaly (x3)
- Shuffle one card from a trash into its deck. Put the top card of that deck into play. You may draw a card or play a card.
- Art: La Comodora demonstrating to Chrono-Ranger as she erases a reality showing Iron Legacy and his universe's Wraith confronting each other;
- Flavor-text: "I erase this time so that others might continue to exist. This is not done lightly." - La Comodora, Time Trust
- Run Aground (x2)
- Shuffle any number of Equipment cards from your trash into your deck. La Comodora deals 1 target X irreducible Energy Damage, where X = the number of cards shuffled into your deck this way plus 1.
- Art: The La Paradoja Magnifica ramming one of OblivAeon's forms;
- Flavor-text: "Buen viaje, OblivAeon. You and I will be gone from this time." - La Comodora, Freedom Five #800
- Take Time (x3)
- You may destroy an Ongoing card, an Environment card, or a target with 1 HP. If a card is destroyed this way, draw cards until you have 5 cards in hand.
- Art: La Comodora rewinding a Plague-Rat infected Tachyon back in time with a time device;
- Flavor-text: "Calmate, niña. You can still be useful. Just give up all that negative energy." - La Comodora, Tome of the Bizarre #80
- Weigh Anchor (x3)
- Reveal the bottom card of your deck. If it has the same name as a Limited card currently in play, discard it. Otherwise, put it into play. If an Equipment card enters play this way, repeat the text of this card.
- Art: La Comodora riding a giant anchor down from her ship in the sky while cannons fire energy lasers;
- Flavor-text: "I would say they'll never know what hit them, but they'll actually have a pretty good idea." - La Comodora, Scion Strike #6
- Chronological Sweetspot (x2)
- At the start of your turn, destroy one of your Ongoing or Equipment cards. At the end of your turn, reveal the top card of each Hero deck. If the revealed card is a One-Shot, play it. If not, discard it.
- Art: A helmeted La Comodora standing alongside the Void Guard;
- Flavor-text: "Thank you all for joining me, amigos. We will strive to make a difference where and when it counts." - La Comodora, Freedom Five Annual #30
- Combat Timing (x2)
- If La Comodora would be dealt 3 or more damage, prevent that damage and La Comodora deals 1 target 2 Projectile Damage. Then, destroy this card.
- Art: La Comodora timeportalling away from a hit by Voidsoul, to fire an energy pistol at him from behind;
- Flavor-text: "Haha! I am not there! I was there, but that was so long ago. Who can know anymore? - La Comodora, Scion Strike #5
- Maria Helena's Plot (x2)
- Whenever one of your Equipment cards is destroyed, either draw a card or La Comodora deals each Villain target 1 Fire Damage. You may look at the bottom card of your deck at any time.
- Art: La Comodora staring at a screen of time destinations with "December 17th, 1923" clearly marked as her focus of interest;
- Flavor-text: "Here is where it begins. How could the corruption spread so far and so long?" - La Comodora, Mystery Comics #519
- Shipshape (x2)
- The first time you discard a card each turn, you may draw a card. At the start of your turn, you may discard a card. If you do, put one of your Equipment or Ongoing cards in play on top of your deck and then play the top card of your deck.
- Art: La Comodora in civvies in an old-fashioned ship's office and holding a bottle of liquor while staring at a holographic schematic;
- Flavor-text: "I need more power. I must harness time itself and bend it to my will as a weapon." - La Comodora, Prime Wardens #52
Villain: La Capitan
- A Motley Crew (x2)
- Shuffle the Villain trash and reveal cards from the top until minus 2 Crew cards are revealed. Put the other revealed cards back in the trash. Play the top card of the Villain deck.
- Art: A battered Battle Forged stands ready to strike, purple lightning striking him. Final Breath looks on;
- Flavor text: "Again! Out of the breach, you scurvy devils!" - La Capitan, The Tides of Time #4
- "All Together Now!" (x2)
- La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Crew cards in play plus 1. If La Paradoja Magnifica is in the trash, put it into play.
- Art: La Capitan stands posed, crackling electric sword in hand. Trueshot and Siege-Breaker stand in shadow behind her. Buildings are burning all around them;
- Flavor text: "Haul on the main brace! Roll out the guns! Prepare to board!" - La Capitan, The Tides of Time #1
- Plunder (x2)
- Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of Crew cards in play plus 1. Each Villain Target regains 2 HP.
- Art: Chip stands in a graveyard caressing Absolution;
- Flavor text: "Something for each of you! Gather around, me hearty crew!" - La Capitan, The Tides of Time #2
- Raiding Party (x2)
- Reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until minus 1 Crew cards are revealed. Put them into play. Discard the other revealed cards. Destroy a Hero Ongoing or Equipment card.
- Art: L'Epeiste stands rapier drawn in front of a destroyed Freedom Five symbol, rubble and smoke all around;
- Flavor text: "Jump on board! Cut them to pieces!" - La Capitan, Freedom Five #650
- Temporal Thief (x2)
- Put the top card of each Hero deck under La Capitán's Villain Character card. La Capitán deals each Hero Target 1 Psychic Damage.
- Art: La Capitan holds her spoils, Tachyon's HUD Goggles, The Wraith's Hair Dryer, Legacy's Legacy Ring;
- Flavor text: "These were precious to you? I think I shall keep them forever." - La Capitan, Freedom Five #651
- "Walk the Plank!" (x3)
- La Capitán deals the Hero Character card with the highest HP 3 Projectile Damage. That Hero's Player cannot use Powers until the start of the Villain turn.
- Art: La Capitan holds a pistol on Unity, who is at the end of a retractable gangplank, hanging over the tides of time;
- Flavor text: "You're reckoning is at hand! Embrace eternity!" - La Capitan, The Tides of Time #5
- Captain's Orders (x2)
- At the end of the Villain turn, the Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP minus 1 Melee Damage.
- Art: The Amazing Maple jumps kicks into frame, striking The Wraith and knocking her onto the ship's railings;
- Flavor text: "I want their heads, and I want them yesterday! Actually yesterday!" - La Capitan, The Tides of Time #3
- Maria Helena's Revenge (x2)
- Whenever a Villain Target is destroyed, La Capitán deals each Hero Target minus 1 Psychic Damage.
- Art: La Capitan stands on the deck of a ship, her jacket undone and her hair flying wildly, she holds a burning torch and is swinging it around;
- Flavor text: "¡Tonta! I shall have my revenge!" - La Capitan, Freedom Five #651
- The Amazing Mable  (x1)
- This card is immune to Melee Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, destroy a Hero Ongoing or Equipment card. At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck.
- Art: A brown skinned woman dressed in a short green dress flies easily between two trapeze bars;
- Flavor: "Let's see what you've got, Sugar!" - Mable Griffin, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- Trueshot  (x1)
- At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP minus 1 Projectile Damage. Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains minus 1 HP.
- Art: A pale skinned, black haired woman crouches with a bow drawn, the arrow is glowing. An arrow quiver is on her thigh, empty and she is wearing a camouflaged leotard, gold wrapping around her ankles and a high-tech visor.;
- Flavor text: "I see you, Khuur. You should take more care." - Khutulan Bekhi, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- Siege-Breaker  (x1)
- Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
- Art: A giant of a man, brown haired with slight stubble and wearing glasses wields a heated halberd and wears a full body armored suit;
- Flavor text: "Prepare your defenses... vengo!" - Geremio Esaltazione Del Signore, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
Crew, Flying Ace
- Chip  (x1)
- At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
- Art: A man clutches a rope ladder in one hand and a pistol in the other. He is dressed in a 1940s style flying jacket and headgear and wearing glowing red goggles;
- Flavor text: "Why, hello there! Up for a crackin' dogfight?" - Charles "Chip" Stevenson, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- L'Épeiste  (x1)
- At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards in play.
- Art: Standing at the front is a dashing French Musketeer, complete with feathered hat and glowing rapier. In the background we can see the Eiffel Tower half finished;
- Flavor text: "Bonjour, mon ami. Voudriez-vous danser?" - Pierre Le Vignierz, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- Final Breath  (x1)
- Increase Damage dealt by this card to Targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic Damage.
- Art: A toned man with a scar across his left shoulder is dressed in a kimono and sampan hat. He balances a glowing green katana on his right shoulder;
- Flavor text: "Come. Your time is at hand." - Ishikawa Zenjirou Kagemune, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- Battle Forged (x1)
- At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the non-Villain Target with the lowest HP Energy Damage. Whenever Damage dealt by this card destroys a Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.
- Art: A massive bearded viking clutches a loot bag and a glowing blue axe;
- Flavor text: "Victory! Bring me another!" - Orinn Haugen, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
- La Paradoja Magnifica  (x1)
- At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.
- Art: A ship apparently made of metal with a clock face on the prow and glowing crew sails, floats along on a purple sea;
- Flavor text: "¡Que bonita! She knows well the sea of time." - Kismet, La Paradoja Magnifica One-Shot
Team Villain Deck
- Anomalous Shift (x3)
- Shuffle each Hero trash into the associated Hero deck. Reveal the top card of each Hero deck. Discard any One-Shots revealed this way, then put the other revealed cards back on the top of their decks.
- Art: K.N.Y.F.E. split between her current age and as an old lady;
- Flavor text: "Och, is nae a good feeling, I'll tell ye as much." - K.N.Y.F.E., Time Flies #4
- ¿Donde? ¡Aqui! (x2)
- La Capitan deals the Hero taret with the highest HP 3 melee damage. La Capitan deals the Hero target with the lowest HP 2 energy damage.
- Art: Two versions of La Capitan coming out of a portal one has a weapon at Guise's throat and the other on the Scholar;
- Flavor text: "Do you have a sister? Maybe a cousin? The resemblance is uncanny." - Guise, Time Flies #5
- Off Tiempo (x2)
- Reveal the top card of the Hero deck belonging to the player with the most cards in hand. That player discards any cards which share a keyword with the revealed card. Then, discard the revealed card.
- Art: A group picture of Wraith, Legacy, Absolute Zero, Tyler Vance, and Tachyon in front. Sky-Scraper, Tempest, and Haka are fading in the background;
- Flavor text: "Gadzooks! This picture is wrong. But I can barely remember my old friends..." - Legacy, Freedom Five #610
- ¿Quando? ¡Ahora! (x2)
- Destroy 1 Hero Ongoing card. Play the top card of the deck of that Ongoing card. Destroy 1 Environment card. Play the top card of the Environment deck.
- Art: A factured line showing alternative versions of multiple heroes and villains;
- Flavor text: "So many versions of yourself! Which you do you want to be?" - La Capitan, Time Flies #6
- Temporal Keelhaul (x2)
- Destroy 1 Hero Ongoing card. If a card is destroyed this way, reveal cards from the top of the destroyed card's deck until 1 Ongoing card is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other revealed card. La Capitan deals each target in that play area 2 energy damage.
- Art: Mainstay tied to the haul of the La Paradoja Magnifica;
- Flavor text: "A miserable end to a thoroughly disappointing day. I need a new hobby." - Mainstay, Time Flies #2
- Throwback (x2)
- The Environment takes a full turn now, out of turn order sequence. During that turn, Villain targets are immune to damage from Environment cards.
- Art: Setback running towards the timeshift of the normal town while he is being put into the past version of it;
- Flavor text: "Whew, I though that was going to hurt way more. Wait, where am I? When am I?" - Setback, Tome of the Bizarre #41
- A Good Time Span (x2)
- If La Capitan would be dealt 3 or more damage, prevent that damage and La Capitan deals the source of that damage 2 energy damage. Then, destroy this card.
- Art: La Capitan stabbing at Chrono-Ranger from a portal;
- Flavor text: "Ma'am, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop alterin' time and turn yerself in peaceably." - Chrono-Ranger, Time Flies #1
- Chronological Hotspot (x2)
- At the start of each Hero turn, reveal the top card of that Hero's deck. If the revealed card is a One-Shot, discard it. Otherwise, put that card into play and that Hero deals themselves 3 psychic damage.
- Art: The Naturalist being forced into a monstrous crocodile form;
- Flavor text: "Augh! This pain... I can feel my bones tearing me apart!" - The Naturalist, Rumble in the Jungle #4
- Stitch in Time (x2)
- When this card is destroyed, La Capitan takes a full turn, out of turn order sequence. At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.
- Art: La Capitan's face replaces Thomas Jefferson on Mount Rushmore;
- Flavor text: "The founding fathers? Is nothing sacred? She must be apprehended!" - Legacy, Freedom Five #610
- Chiquito  (x1)
- When La Capitan or this card would be dealt damage, move 1 card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If a card is moved this way, prevent that damage.
- Art: Chiquito holding a piece of Omnitron and sitting on a bar;
- Flavor text: "What trouble are you getting into now, my little Chiquito?" - La Capitan, Time Flies #1
Aliases: Maria Helena Teresa Fafila Servanda Jimena Mansuara Paterna Domenga Gelvira Placia Sendina Belita Eufemia Columba Gontina Aldonza Mafalda Cristina Tegrida de Falcon
|Power Source:||Time Cataclysm
|Occupation:||Time Pirate Captain|
|First Appearance:||Freedom Five #650
|Group:||The Crew of the La Paradoja Magnifica
Meta: La Comodora
Main Episode: Episode 36
- Podcasts/Episode I-1
- Podcasts/Episode 23
- Podcasts/Episode 25
- Podcasts/Episode 26
- Podcasts/Episode 27
- Podcasts/Episode 29
- Podcasts/Episode 33
- Podcasts/Episode L-1
- Podcasts/Episode 34
- Podcasts/Episode 35
- Podcasts/Episode 36
- Podcasts/Episode 37
- Podcasts/Episode I-10
- Podcasts/Episode 39
- Podcasts/Episode I-11
- Podcasts/Episode 40
- Podcasts/Episode 43
- Podcasts/Episode I-12
- Podcasts/Episode 46
- Podcasts/Episode 47
- Podcasts/Episode I-13
- Podcasts/Episode 52
- Podcasts/Episode I-15
- Podcasts/Episode 57
- Podcasts/Episode 58
- Podcasts/Episode 60
- Podcasts/Episode I-16
- Podcasts/Episode 62
- Podcasts/Episode 63
- Podcasts/Episode 67
- Podcasts/Episode 68
- Podcasts/Episode 69
- Podcasts/Episode I-18
- Podcasts/Episode 71
- Podcasts/Episode 72
- Podcasts/Episode X-3
- Podcasts/Episode 77
- Podcasts/Episode L-2
- Podcasts/Episode 79
- Podcasts/Episode I-21
- Podcasts/Episode X-7
- Podcasts/Episode 81
- Podcasts/Episode 83
- Podcasts/Episode 84
- Podcasts/Episode 88
- Podcasts/Episode I-23
- Podcasts/Episode I-24
- Podcasts/Episode 93
- Podcasts/Episode 94
- Podcasts/Episode 95
- Podcasts/Episode 96
- Podcasts/Episode 100
- Podcasts/Episode 101
- Podcasts/Episode 107
- Podcasts/Episode 109
- Podcasts/Episode I-30
- Podcasts/Episode 111
- Podcasts/Episode I-31
- Podcasts/Episode L-3
- Podcasts/Episode 119
- Podcasts/Episode 120
- Podcasts/Episode 121
- Podcasts/Episode 122
- Podcasts/Episode 123
- Podcasts/Episode 124
- Podcasts/Episode 126
- Podcasts/Episode I-36
- Podcasts/Episode 128
- Podcasts/Episode I-37
- Podcasts/Episode 131
- Podcasts/Episode I-38
- Podcasts/Episode 134
- Podcasts/Episode 137
- Podcasts/Episode I-40
- Podcasts/Episode 141
- Podcasts/Episode 143
- Podcasts/Episode I-42
- Podcasts/Episode 149
- Podcasts/Episode 150
- Podcasts/Episode 151
- Podcasts/Episode I-44
- Podcasts/Episode L-4
- Podcasts/Episode P-6
- Podcasts/Episode 161
- Podcasts/Episode P-9
- Podcasts/Episode 162
- Podcasts/Episode B-1
- Podcasts/Episode 164
- Podcasts/Episode 167
- Podcasts/Episode 169
- Podcasts/Episode 173
- Podcasts/Episode I-45
- Podcasts/Episode 179
- Podcasts/Episode I-47
- Podcasts/Episode 181
- Podcasts/Episode 182
- Podcasts/Episode 184
- Podcasts/Episode 188
- The art of "Raiding Party" portrays the crew of La Paradoja Magnifica attacking the Freedom Five headquarters, hinting that the ship can somehow travel over land.
- In "Temporal Thief," La Capitan has Legacy's ring, Tachyon's goggles, and the Wraith's Impromptu Invention.
- The weapon that Chip is holding in "Plunder" is Absolution, Fanatic's sword.
- La Paradoja Magnifica is Spanish for "the Magnificent Paradox."
- All of La Capitan's crew, with the possible exception of "Final Breath," are armed with anachronistic weaponry and equipment. (though that could be a laser pistol in La Capitan's hand)
- When La Capitan moves a card under herself to the appropriate trash to prevent damage, the players pick from card backs. They do not get to see what the card is, just who it belongs to.* Temporal Thief allows players to select the order that the cards move under La Capitan. They get to see what the cards are. If a hero’s deck has no cards, they are not affected and it does not cause a reshuffle.
- The "cannot use powers" effect from Walk the Plank is tied to the damage. If the damage is redirected, the effect applies to whoever was dealt damage.
- The wording of Walk the Plank is changed in order to clarify that the "cannot use powers" effect happens to the target that receives the damage. The new wording is: “La Capitan deals the hero character card with the highest * HP 3 projectile damage. A hero dealt damage this way cannot use powers until the start of the villain turn.”
- Suppose Stitch in Time is in play and La Capitan plays Throwback. That would destroy Stitch in Time at the end of the out of sequence Environment turn, allowing La Capitan to take an extra immediate full turn before returning to what was going on when Throwback was played.
- Suppose Stitch in Time is destroyed and Throwback is played during the extra villain turn. Then the environment would take a full turn now during La Capitan’s extra turn, during which villain targets would be immune to environment damage, and then at the end of that turn it would return to La Capitan’s full out of sequence turn.
- Suppose Throwback is in play and Stitch in Time is played and destroyed during the Throwback environment turn. Villain targets are not immune to damage during the Stitch in Time villain turn.
- When Throwback is played, it causes things that would expire at the start of the environment turn to expire right then. It is a real and full environment turn, doing all the things an environment turn does.
- If Chronological Hotspot causes The Sentinels to "deal themself 3 psychic damage," their player chooses one of them to do so.
- If La Capitan is incapacitated during the extra environment turn caused by Throwback, the environment turn continues.
- When Throwback’s effect completes, and Throwback was played during La Capitan’s Play Card phase, it returns to La Capitan’s Play Card phase, if she has anything else going on then. Otherwise, it moves to the end of her turn.
- Stitch in Time does not remain in play for the duration of the extra turn. The extra turn triggers after its destruction.
- Chiquito triggers the first time a turn any player discards a card (and not again that turn for other players).
- Chiquito only look for cards discarded by a player, not by a villain or environment card. This works similarly to The Scholar of the Infinite's innate power.
- If Rook City Wraith discards an environment card (i.e. a non-hero card), Chiquito steals it. If Setback discards a villain or environment card using Fumbling Fool, Chiquito steals it. Chiquito isn't limited to hero cards, just cards discarded by heroes.
- A Good Time Span’s text is adjusted to read: "If La Capitan would be dealt 3 or more damage by another target, prevent that damage and La Capitan deals the source of that damage 2 energy damage."
- The text of Combat Timing is updated to read: “If La Comodora would be dealt 3 or more damage, prevent that damage and La Comodora may deal 1 target 2 projectile damage.”
- When using La Comodora’s base power, the player does not get to look at the top card of the selected deck while putting a card under it.
- If Guise copies Maria Helena’s Plot, and borrows an equipment that is then destroyed, Guise’s copy of Maria Helena’s Plot reacts to that.
- When you play Harnessed Anomaly and select a card in a trash it does not belong to (e.g. a primordial seed or a reward, the card gets shuffled into the deck it belongs to, not the deck associated with the trash pile it's currently in. Then, you play the top card of the deck you just shuffled that card into.
- Split Across Time advanced rules timing
- La Capitan’s “Split Across Time” side has an ability which reads “whenever La Capitan would be dealt damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. if you do, prevent that damage”. her advanced rules on this side say “the first time La Capitan would be dealt damage each round, redirect that damage to the non-villain target with the highest hp”. which effect should trigger first? Because of the order in which the abilities are written on the card, La Capitan would prevent damage by removing cards from beneath her until she could no longer do that, then use the damage redirection ability. Answers to Debated Questions
Oversized card misprint
- The text for La Capitan’s advanced mode is incorrect on the oversized card. The text on the normal-sized card is correct: the first time La Capitan would be dealt damage each round, redirect that damage to the non-villain target with the highest hp. La Capitan Advanced
Cards taken from incapacitated heroes
- On La Capitan’s front side, she has a power which says “whenever a hero card is destroyed by a villain card, put it under this card.” If a hero becomes incapacitated, does La Capitan get to keep their cards? Nope. As stated in the rulebook, when a hero is incapacitated, all of their cards are removed from the game, including ones which are under another card, as in this case. Cards under La Capitan and Hero Death
Comic Books: La Comodora
Small note: Items that are in bullets are from the Podcasts, so their form may not make sense, or feel like they are missing a part - its probably on another tab
Spoilers May Be Ahead - SCU and Miststorm Universe Tabs may contain spoilers for future products.
Young Maria Helena was tired of her dull life in Huelva. The most exciting part of her day was watching the ships sail in and out of port - she longed to be out on the sea, seeking the treasures of the known world, rather than stuck on land. So, when she saw an opportunity to sneak aboard a galeon, she did not hesitate. Disguising herself as a boy, she stowed away in the cargo hold until the ship sailed out to sea.
That was over 400 years ago.
Days into the ship's journey, Maria heard panicked shouting on the deck above. Tired of hiding and hoping that no one would notice another random boy on the ship, she raced to the top deck to see what all the commotion was about. As she reached the deck, the boat lurched terribly, throwing many crew members overboard, but Maria managed to catch herself on a railing. She could finally see the sea, but it was not the joyous occasion she had hoped for, as only a few dozen feet from the ship was a terrible wrongness. A horrible anomaly.
There appeared to be a vast crack in the surface of the ocean itself, and the water around it was pouring into the rift. The men who fell overboard were all quickly sucked in, and the ship was pulled closer and closer with each passing moment. Everyone aboard the ship ran about in a blind panic - no one had ever experienced anything like this before. Maria made her way to the ship’s helm.
As the ship finally dove into the crack, sailors fell from the boat into the twisting void, but Maria held tight to the wheel, wanting to sail the ship even unto eternity.
And then, she did.
The temporal energies of the rift in time changed the ship as it fell, and Maria Helena experienced some of that change herself. She could feel the energy of the rift stretching out before the ship, and knew that by turning the wheel that she gripped so tightly, she could move the ship through the temporal flow of time itself! Time was hers to explore - and to plunder!
Now, Maria Helena Teresa Fafila Servanda Jimena Mansuara Paterna Domenga Gelvira Placia Sendina Belita Eufemia Columba Gontina Aldonza Mafalda Cristina Tegrida de Falcon has sailed through the ages, collecting names for herself and a crew from her past, present, and future, all with the same great thirst for adventure and vast greed for riches from everywhere… and everywhen!
Vengeance Style Deck from Villains of the Multiverse expansion
500 years ago, Maria Helena stowed away on a Spanish Galeon, seeking adventure. However, after a few days at sea, a vast crack in the ocean opened, drawing the ship through it. The energy of the temporal rift changed the ship as it fell, and changed Maria Helena as well.
She is still young and has done very little traveling through time and space, but her actions have bitten sharply at the timelines. She has taken well to the title of La Capitan, but she is not as carefree as she would prefer. In her few temporal jaunts, she has been pursued by a sinister figure who hunts her so effectively, it's as if he knows her better than she knows herself.
- Alias: Maria Helena De Falcon
- Height: 5’7”
- Weight: 125 lbs
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Birthplace: Huelva, Spain
- Power Source: Time Cataclysm
- Group Affliation: None
- Occupation: Time Pirate Captain
- First Appearance: Lone Gun One-Shot
In her advanced age, Maria Helena De Falcon has shed most of the names and all of the crew she acquired as she sailed the timelines. Time is a fickle sea - it gave her much, but when it came time to take, she barely survived the Temporal black spot,
La Comodora has sailed to the end of time and seen the lack of a future beyond OblivAeon. She returns to this time which vexed her younger self so thoroughly. She wears a time-locked outfit that prevent Time from taking more from her than it already has. Hopefully, she can use her knowledge of the timelines and her technology from times and places beyond the scope of reality to combat this ultimate destroyer of all.
Variant: Originally revealed during the OblivAeon Kickstarter as the $350k stretch reward.
To Maria Helena Teresa Fafila Servanda Jimena Mansuara Paterna Domenga Gelvira Placia Sendina Belita Eufemia Columba Gontina Aldonza Mafalda Cristina Tegrida de Falcon’s reckoning, it has been a long time since she first started sailing the timelines. The passage of time is strange on those seas, though. However, time has come for the villain known as La Capitán.
She could not be within time but not part of time for long. Can La Comodora survive her own origin story?