Deep underground near the core of the earth, Magmaria, the City of the Magmen, has never been seen by the eyes of surface-dwellers. The seemingly mindless magmen toil without ceasing there. They build their cities of molten rock and crystalline structures, only to have them destroyed by seismic activity. They build and rebuild endlessly, driven by the pressure of the earth to maintain as many of their structures as possible, lest they be crushed by their very homes.
If you were to journey to Magmaria, you would surely perish. Between the heat, the pressure, and the magmen who are immediately hostile to anything unknown, it is not a safe place for a surface-dweller. And yet, there are many riches and resources to be had in such deep places. Such a visit might be worth your while… would you dare risk it?
- Fiery Crystalization (x2)
- Equipment cards gain the keyword "Magma Crystal" At the start of the Environment turn, the Magmarian with the highest HP deals each target X fire damage and destroys X equipment cards, where X = the number of Magmarians in play.
- Art: A Seismic Defender holding Bunker's helmet which is melting in his hands;
- Flavor text: "You see, they're not really interested in attacking us," the Scholar noted. "They're just harvesting those crystals, and our metal crystallizes easily. No animosity."
- Magmarian Throng (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, reveal cards from the top of the Environment deck until a Magmarian is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other cards revealed this way. If no Magmarians are put into play this way, destroy this card.
- Art: Unity looking a large group of Magmarians;
- Flavor text: "Uh, hi guys. I'm all out of those metal bits." Unity stammered in the face of the mass of Magmarians. "You kinda ate them all. But I can try to find some more!"
- Crystal Collector  (x1)
- This card is immune to fire damage. At the end of the Environment turn, each player may discard a Magma Crystal. Any player that does may draw 3 cards.
- Art: The Crystal Collector who has multiple shards coming out of him;
- Flavor text: Wordlessly, the lava creature took the crystal from the Idealist's outstretched hand. "Whoa, he spoke to me. In my mind! That was so cool! He knows a lot."
- Ember Shaman  (x1)
- This card is immune to fire damage. At the end of the end of the Environment turn, each player may discard a Magma Crystal. Any player that does may use a power now.
- Art: The Ember Shaman kneeling with his staff;
- Flavor text: The Magmarians did not speak, but it was clear who they looked to as leader. The staff-bearer gestured, and the horde of lava creatures moved back as one.
- Inner Core Tunneler  (x1)
- This card is immune to fire damage. Whenever a Hero character card would be dealt damage, one player may discard a Magma Crystal. If they do, redirect that damage to this card.
- Art: The Inner Core Tunneler tunneling through the rock;
- Flavor text: The rumbling grew in volume and intensity as a giant creature burst through the rock wall, its outermost lava colled in places to form thick armor plates.
- Seismic Defender  (x1)
- This card is immune to fire damage. At the end of the Environment turn, each player may discard a Magma Crystal. Then, this card deals X non-Magmarian targets 3 melee and 3 fire damage, where X = the number of Magma Crystals discarded.
- Art: The Seismic Defender holding a stone shield and in the other hand a stone weapon with point;
- Flavor text: As the glowing crystal disappeared into the pulsing hide of the stone-wielding Magmarian, it turned and growled at the approaching Citizens of the Sun.
- Stone Shaper  (x1)
- This card is immune to fire damage. At the end of the Environment turn, each player may discard a Magma Crystal and select a target. Reduce damage dealt to selected targets by 1 until the start of the Environment turn.
- Art: The Stone Shaper shaping a stalagmite;
- Flavor text: Their existence was both purposeful and pointless, endlessly building their stone structures, just to have them destroyed by ongoing tumultous activity.
- Crystalloid Behemoth  (x3)
- When this card enters play, it deals each target 4 melee damage. Whenever a Hero uses a power, this card deals that Hero 2 fire damage. When this card is destroyed, 1 player may move this card to their hand. This card cannot be played from a player's hand.
- Art: Dr Medico at the edge of a cliff as a Crystalloid Behemoth with it's tongue out comes towards him;
- Flavor text: "Like everything down here, it is a fire creature," analyzed Doctor Medico as they fought the behemoth. "However, it does have a weakness: it dislikes smoke."
- Smoldering Crystal (x3)
- At the end of the Environment turn, the players may choose for 1 Hero character to be dealt 3 fire damage. A player whose Hero character card takes damage this way may put this card into their hand. This card cannot be played from a player's hand.
- Art: A crystal near a flowing river of lava;
- Flavor text: Setback cried out and bit his tongue to avoid swearing. Expatriette bandaged his burned fingers patiently. "Of course touching a crystal made of lava hurts."
Main Episode: Episode 58
- Podcasts/Episode 16
- Podcasts/Episode 18
- Podcasts/Episode 27
- Podcasts/Episode I-9
- Podcasts/Episode 58
- Podcasts/Episode 63
- Podcasts/Episode 64
- Podcasts/Episode 69
- Podcasts/Episode I-18
- Podcasts/Episode 105
- Podcasts/Episode I-30
- Podcasts/Episode 111
- Podcasts/Episode 117
- Podcasts/Episode I-34
- Podcasts/Episode 155
- Podcasts/Episode P-7
- Podcasts/Episode P-8
- Podcasts/Episode 165