Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minor Character: Mayor Overbrook
The Mayor of Rook City
- The Overbrook family has been running the Rook City since its founding (as implied by the original name, Overbrook City).
- Mayor Overbrook was a target for The Operative upon her resurrection by Zhu Long and return to Rook City. He enlisted the aid of the Wraith to protect him on the condition that he would leave town for good (implicitly ending his family's part in the city's corruption and his support for The Organization). After she defeated the Operative, the mayor tried to renege on the deal, but the Wraith had already sent an incriminating recording of their previous conversation to the authorities and the Organization, successfully blackmailing him into leaving town anyway.
Main Episode: Has not had an episode yet
- Podcasts/Episode 2
- Podcasts/Episode 11
- Podcasts/Episode I-7
- Podcasts/Episode 53
- Podcasts/Episode 88
- Podcasts/Episode 115
Nothing Here Yet
Questions Answered on The Letters Page
- From Letters Page Interlude 7 - Nemeses
- Jim Brooks has descendants that he's not aware of, Rook City was founded by the Over**brook** family - it's a longshot, but is Mayor Overbrook related to him? No, that's a clever theory, but they're unrelated.
- Does Mayor Overbrook generally run unopposed? If not, does he have them eliminated or is he just more charismatic/less corrupt than the alternative? Why doesn't he have a publicist as "The Barber" is a terrible nickname? To explain this last one, he's called "The Barber" because he always takes a little off the top - meaning he takes a cut of whatever shady dealing are going on in the city. The Overbrook family had been out of power for a while, but when Chairman Pike came to power, he made a deal with the future Mayor Overbook to help bring them back to prominence in exchange for help. He doesn't run unopposed as there are always other candidates, but it's a rigged game (more through voter intimidation than actually tampering with ballots, although that probably happens too). It's all Pike Industrial and the Organization, though, and he's more of a figurehead.