Mobile Defense Platform
Environment: Mobile Defense Platform
These floating structures have been one of the dastardly Baron Blade’s signature mega-gadgets. Any civilian who spots a Mobile Defense Platform on the horizon knows it’s time to evacuate - any hero knows it’s time for a fight. However, after his series of failures, Baron Blade granted the use of his floating fortresses to any villain who could offer him additional power or information. As a result, the platforms have been the site of many varied tussles between the mighty heroes and threatening villains of the Multiverse.
Each Mobile Defense Platform is run by a crew of Blade Battalion soldiers, gunners, and mechanics, and offers a wide array of villainous amenities. Heroes should take great care before setting foot on such a structure, regardless of what villain might be aboard.
- M.D.P Turbolift (x2)
- When this card enters play, reveal cards from the top of the Environment deck until a Structure or Level card is revealed. Put it into play, discard the other revealed cards, and destroy this card.
- Art: An elevator in the MDP that is currently on level 5;
- Flavor text: With a whoosh of displaced air, the steel doors slid open and the heroes stepped out onto the bridge. "Alright," Absolute Zero barked. "Everybody freeze!"
- Berth (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy any other Level cards. The first time a target enters play each turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.
- Art: A room filled with supplies and Battalion Soldiers;
- Flavor text: "Shhh! They're coming!" Battalion soldiers ducked behind boxes as the Freedom Five stepped out of the turbo lift. The heroes just sighed and shook their heads.
- Bridge (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy any other Level cards. Increase damage dealt to and by Environment targets by 1.
- Art: Citizen Dawn with a Battalion Solder beside her. Citizens Battery, Summer, Anvil, and Hammer are in the Bridge, too. On the forums, Matchstickman pointed out the second workstation from the left: "That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
- Flavor text: After his defeat, Baron Blade went into hiding and other factions found uses for his floating fortresses. The Citizens of the Sun also kept much of the staff.
- Sky Deck (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy any other level cards. Whenever a target is destroyed, put it under its associated deck.
- Art: The Wraith has shot a stun bolt into an unaffected Baron Blade holding a beaten Legacy;
- Flavor text: As the mad baron shrugged off the Wraith's attack, the platform shifted, keeping the combatants keenly aware of the distance to the ground below.
- Battalion Brute  (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the Hero target with the highest HP 1 melee and 1 lightning damage.
- Art: A Battalion Brute holding his shock stick;
- Flavor text: Setback rounded the corner and ran into the chestplate of a huge figure. "Er, hi there!" the hapless hero squeaked, looking up at the growling soldier.
- Battalion Gunner  (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals each Hero target 1 energy damage.
- Art: A Battalion Gunner aiming his gun;
- Flavor text: Only the best of Baron Blade's troops were equipped with beam cannons. The few who survived their first week armed this way were given training.
- Battalion Mechanic  (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, each Structure card regains 1 HP.
- Art: A Battalion Mechanic wiping the sweat from his brow;
- Flavor text: "Whew!" Sweat and grease dripped from the worker as he nodded approvingly at his repairs. "Almost done! Wish I didn't have to wear this cowl while I work... "
- Propulsion Systems  (x1)
- If this card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP, everyone dies. Game over.
- Art: A closeup of the propulsion system keeping the MDP in the air;
- Flavor text: A blast of energy struck the turbines keeping the platform aloft and everyone froze. "We've got to be careful around those engines, team!" Legacy shouted.
- Shield Generator  (x3)
- Reduce damage dealt to Environment targets by 1.
- Art: The machine controlling the shield generator;
- Flavor text: Baron Blade can certainly be accused of wrongdoing with his inventions, but their applications for peaceful and protective purposes are also obvious.
Meta: Mobile Defense Platform
Main Episode: Has not had an episode yet
- Podcasts/Episode 3
- Podcasts/Episode 4
- Podcasts/Episode 5
- Podcasts/Episode 18
- Podcasts/Episode 23
- Podcasts/Episode 39
- Podcasts/Episode I-12
- Podcasts/Episode 64
- Podcasts/Episode 70
- Podcasts/Episode X-3
- Podcasts/Episode I-20
- Podcasts/Episode 86
- Podcasts/Episode 96
- Podcasts/Episode 114
- Podcasts/Episode 121
- Podcasts/Episode 123
- Podcasts/Episode 124
- Podcasts/Episode P-7
- Podcasts/Episode 176
- Podcasts/Episode 181
- It was stated somewhere by the creators of SOTM that after Baron Blade was defeated, the MDPs were seized primarily by the Citizens of the Sun as headquarters for their movement. The art of the Bridge card supports this, as it shows several Citizens setting up shop in the control room of the Platform.
- Due to the fact that members of the Blade Battalion are Minions, a battle against Grand Warlord Voss becomes especially dangerous in this Environment.
- Letters Page Episode 4 mentions Expatriette going to an MDP to speak with her mother to enlist her help against the forces of OblivAeon.
- Citizen Dawn is in control of one that she powers herself Letters Page Episode 5