Nexus of the Void
Environment: Nexus of the Void
- Highest elevation: 4760 M (15,616 ft)
- Lowest elevation: -169 M (-554 ft)
- Population: None
- Native Life Forms: None
- Biomes: Countless
Far from any charted land mass lies an island which defies more laws of reality than it follows.
The Nexus of the Void feature every biome known to mankind, as well as many unknown. Dangerous elemental creatures roam the island, attacking anyone they encounter without hesitation. However, many are drawn to the island, as it is the focus of the vast power of the Void.
- Elemental Awakening (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, reveal the top 3 cards of the Environment Deck. Put any revealed targets into play. Discard the other revealed cards. At the start of the Environment turn, if there are at least 2 Spirits in play, destroy this card.
- Art: Argent Adept standing on the face of a massive Void creature, its huge yellow eye staring at him;
- Flavor text: "Come forth, Ancient One," the somber magical musician sang softly, accompanied by the music of the wind and the waves. "It is once again time for you to rise in defense of this land."
- Shifting Biomes (x1)
- Biomes are indestructible. At the end of the Environment turn, reveal cards from the top of the Environment Deck until a Biome is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other revealed cards. Then, destroy this card.
- Art: A chaotic landscape made up of the various biomes crashing together;
- Flavor text: A great crack sounded as the land shifted beneath their feet. "This island..." The words whispered in the leaves of the trees. "It is every land... and no land at all."
- Ember Dunes (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. Whenever a target is dealt Melee Damage, deal that target 1 Fire Damage. At the end of the Environment turn, deal each target 1 Fire Damage.
- Art: A landscape made of steaming piles of smouldering ash;
- Flavor text: "Careful where you step," Doctor Medico said, but was quickly interrupted by his daughter. "I know this one! The ground is lava, right? We're going to be so good at this game."
- Eternal Timbre (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. Reduce all damage dealt by 1. At the end of the Environment turn, each target regains 2 HP.
- Art: A beautiful little area with trees, a waterfall flowing out of a mountain into a river, and little green glowy magic sparklies everywhere;
- Flavor text: "Songs of the wilds are the truest music," said the Argent Adept. "Listen to the trees as they sway - the stream as it sings. You will never behold greater natural power."
- Glass Peaks (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. Whenever a non-Environment target enters play, deal it 1 Melee Damage. At the end of the Environment turn, deal the non-Environment target with the lowest HP 1 Melee Damage.
- Art: A giant glass mountain;
- Flavor text: The massive rhinoceros strove to keep its footing on the jagged glass edges. His thick hide would protect it from attacks, but these peaks would slice him to ribbons.
- Jade Estuary (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. At the end of the Environment turn, each non-Hero target with an even amount of HP regains 2 HP. Then, each Hero with an even amount of HP may use a Power.
- Art: A landscape of rocks made of jade around a pond of green-hued water;
- Flavor text: "Ahhhhh... that's the stuff..." With a contented sigh, the Scottish ex-Royal Marine slid even deeper into the green pool. "Gies five mair minutes 'ere 'n' ah will be fit as kin be."
- Phosphor Fen (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes.
- At the end of the Environment turn, deal each target with an odd amount of HP 1 Toxic Damage. If this damage destroys any targets, deal each target 1 Toxic Damage.
- Art: A landscape of giant mushrooms glowing pink and green, around a pond with glowing blue balls floating in the water and glowing green lilypads;
- Flavor text: "This place seems pretty sweet," Guise said, poking at a luminescent flower. "Hey, don't touch anything," the Scholar cautioned. "The main function of this place is death."
- Savanna Nocturna (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. Increase all HP recovery by 1. At the end of the Environment turn, increase damage dealt by the 3 targets with the lowest HP by 2 until the start of the Environment turn.
- Art: A landscape with bright yellow fields of tall grass with yellow magic sparklies and the moon hanging overhead;
- Flavor text: "How can it always be night here?" asked the winged hero. "It is neither night nor day, "responded the Naturalist. "It is just the savanna. It is always like this."
- Taiga Burning Bright (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Biomes. Increase all Fire and Cold Damage by 1. Melee Damage is converted to Cold Damage. Projectile Damage is converted to Fire Damage.
- Art: A landscape of snow punctuated by fiery trees of various species;
- Flavor text: The forest burns, but does not burn out. The skies let loose their snow, but the snow never melts, not even in the face of the flame. The cold and the heat could both be felt.
- Devouring River  (x1)
- The first time a Biome enters play each turn, this card deals the 3 non-Spirit targets with the lowest HP 2 Cold Damage each. At the end of the Environment turn, discard the top card of the Environment deck. If it is a Biome, put it into play.
- Art: A giant many-eyed serpent made of twisting water;
- Flavor text: As the river ran across the rocks, the rushing water almost sounded like words whispered in the wind. "Leave here... before the same thing... happens to you..."
- Magma's Rage  (x1)
- After this card deals or is dealt damage, put a token on this card. At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Environment target with the second highest HP X Fire Damage, where X = the number of tokens on this card plus 1.
- Art: A massive fire spirit with a slasher smile breaking out of a volcano now pouring fire and lava;
- Flavor text: An explosion rocked the mountain, flinging flaming stones and molten rock across the island for miles. "You have called, little minstrel, and the mountain has answered!"
- Reclusive Keeper  (x1)
- The first time a non-Environment target enters play each turn, this card deals that target 2 Melee Damage. Reduce damage dealt by that target by 2 until the start of the Environment turn. At the start of the Environment turn, if there are 3 or more Spirits in play, destroy this card.
- Art: A weird creature made of green vines with glowing red eyes;
- Flavor text: Legends tell of the Keeper, keeping to itself deep in the heart of the wilds. None have seen the face of the Keeper and lived, even in the days when people explored this island.
- Slumbering Serpent  (x1)
- When this card enters play, remove 8 HP from it. Each time a Spirit or a Biome enters or leaves play, this card regains 1 HP. At the end of the Environment turn, if this card is at full HP, it deals the 2 villain targets with the highest HP 2 Toxic and 2 Radiant Damage.
- Art: A massive red-brown hued serpent curled up and waiting;
- Flavor text: "Oui, oui! Raise the beast!" The hunter paced on the far side of the canyon. "It would be a great hunt indeed!" Haka shook his head. "One I think far beyond your capabilities."
- Void Slave  (x1)
- This card is immune to Melee and Projectile Damage. Whenever an Ongoing card enters play, discard the top card of the Environment Deck. If the discarded card is a target, put it into play. If not, destroy the Ongoing card that just entered play.
- Art: The angry voidform ghost of Xu, faded and tinted a lurid purple;
- Flavor text: "No more music," breathed the voidform, stretching out its translucent arms. The Argent Adept opened his mouth to reply, but no sound came forth. All was utterly silent.
Meta: Nexus of the Void
Main Episode: Episode 54
- Podcasts/Episode 23
- Podcasts/Episode 29
- Podcasts/Episode 30
- Podcasts/Episode L-1
- Podcasts/Episode I-10
- Podcasts/Episode I-11
- Podcasts/Episode 54
- Podcasts/Episode 60
- Podcasts/Episode I-17
- Podcasts/Episode 76
- Podcasts/Episode 80
- Podcasts/Episode 82
- Podcasts/Episode 83
- Podcasts/Episode 84
- Podcasts/Episode I-23
- Podcasts/Episode 98
- Podcasts/Episode 100
- Podcasts/Episode 111
- Podcasts/Episode L-3
- Podcasts/Episode I-33
- Podcasts/Episode 118
- Podcasts/Episode I-34
- Podcasts/Episode 126
- Podcasts/Episode 127
- Podcasts/Episode I-37
- Podcasts/Episode L-4
- Podcasts/Episode 155
- Podcasts/Episode P-4
- Podcasts/Episode 164
- Podcasts/Episode 174
- Podcasts/Episode 178
Nothing Here Yet
To Other Works
- The Nexus of the Void is also known as Spirit Island in another universe, referencing to one of GtG's other products, Spirit Island
- Savanna Nocturna’s damage increase effect persists until its stated expiry even if Savanna Nocturna leaves play. The text of Savanna Nocturna is updated to read: "At the end of the environment turn, select the 3 targets with the lowest HP. Increase damage dealt by those targets by 2 until the start of the environment turn."