- Beginning of the End (x2)
- Elemental Outburst (x3)
- Progeny deals the hero target with the highest HP 1 fire damage, 1 cold damage, and 1 lightning damage.
- Art: A metallic-liquid Progeny wrapped around K.N.Y.F.E., shooting fire and ice beams on her.
- Flavor text: "Get her out of there! She's no match for that thing!" - Parse, Freedom Five Annual #29
- Form of the Harbinger (x3)
- Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until a scion card is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other cards revealed this way. Progeny deals each hero target 1 energy damage.
- Art: A metallic-liquid Progeny forming its left arm into a molten rock.
- Flavor text: "It shifts through forms without purpose or focus. It reeks of chaos and malice." - Fanatic, Prime Wardens #40
- The Inevitable (x3)
- Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until an ongoing card is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other cards revealed this way. Progeny deals each hero target 1 energy damage.
- Art: Progeny punching a barrier protecting Argent Adept.
- Flavor text: "I cannot... Hold it back... for much longer!" - The Argent Adept, Prime Wardens #37
- Hour of Reckoning (x2)
- Hero cards cannot be played. At the start of the villain turn, destroy 1 ongoing card belonging to each player, then destroy 1 scion card and this card.
- Art: Progeny gripping a battle torn Legacy on one hand and his cape on another. Nightmist and Dark Visionary watch behind them.
- Flavor text: "I cannot reform without risking destruction. We must bide our time and hope for aid" - Nightmist, Freedom Five #764
- Obvious Futility (x2)
- Damage dealt by Progeny is irreducible. Reduce damage dealt to Progeny by 1.
- Art: Mainstay shocked as his punch is absorbed by an unflinching Progeny (Progeny's face copying Mainstay's).
- Flavor text: "Uh, hey Uncle Jackson? I don't think you should punch that thing anymore... " - The Idealist, Freedom Five #765
- Time of Tribulation (x2)
- Increase damage dealt by Progeny by 2. At the start of the villain turn, destroy 1 equipment card belonging to each player, then destroy 1 scion card and this card.
- Art: Progeny chasing after Tachyon, gliding past Tempest.
- Flavor text: "I can't keep ahead of it! It's like it knows our every move before we do!" - Tachyon, Freedom Five Annual #29
- Scion of Blight (x2)
- When this card enters play, Progeny deals each hero target 1 toxic damage. Then, if there are 3 or more scion cards in play, destroy 1 scion card other than this card. The first time Progeny is dealt damage each turn, 1 player must discard 1 card.
- Art: Snake-like Progeny with bladed arms emitting green gas from its body. Scholar tries to ward it off while Expatriette slumps down on the background.
- Flavor text: "Damn! *KOFF KOFF* We gotta take this thing out before it kills everyone!" - Expatriette, Freedom Five #763
- Scion of Flame (x2)
- When this card enter play, Progeny deals each hero target 1 fire damage. Then, if there are 3 or more scion cards in play, destroy 1 scion card other than this card. Increase damage dealt by Progeny by 1.
- Art: Progeny standing in the center of a crater, turning into a solid rock form with lava flowing into the cracks of its skin.
- Flavor text: "It stand, waiting. A challenge. We should be prepared for the worst, my friends." - Haka, Prime Warden #36
- Scion of the Frost (x2)
- When this card enters play, Progeny deals each hero target 1 cold damage. Then, if there are 3 or more scion cards in play, destroy 1 scion card other than this card. The first time Progeny is dealt damage each turn, Progeny regains 2 HP.
- Art: Writhe and Dr. Medico blasting an ice-formed Progeny.
- Flavor text: "It regrows and reforms faster than we can chip away at it!" - Dr. Medico, Freedom Five #765
- Scion of the Storm (x2)
- When this card enters play Progeny deals each hero target 1 lightning damage. Then, if there are 3 or more scion cards in play, destroy 1 scion card other than this card. At the end of the villain turn, play the top card of the villain deck.
- Art: Liquefied Progeny swirling around Chrono-Ranger with purple lightning streaks around its body.
- Flavor text: "Well now, ain't you an ugly one... " - Chrono-Ranger, Freedom Five Annual #29
- Returned Destroyer 
- At the Start of this Villain Turn, if there are or more Tokens on this card, flip this card.
- When this card is Destroyed, put the top card of each Hero Deck into play. Then, remove this card from the game.
- The first time this card is dealt damage each Turn, add 1 Token to this card.
- At the end of this Villain Turn, add 1 Token to this card. Then, this card deals each Hero Target in the Play Area with the most Rewards X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Tokens on this Card.
- Whenever a Token is added to this Card, also add 1 Devastation Token to the Inevitable Destruction Card.
- Flavor text: "And this time, it's even worse than before. If you can imagine that." - Tachyon, Freedom Five #795
- Annihilating Metamorph 
- At the Start of this Villain Turn, if there are no tokens on this card, flip this card.
- X on this card = the number of tokens on this card.
- Reduce damage dealt to this card by X.
- When this card is destroyed, each player draws X cards. Then, remove this card from the game.
- At the End of this Villain Turn, this card deals the hero target with the lowest HP X cold damage, then deals the hero target with the second highest HP X lightning damage, then deals the hero target with the highest HP X fire damage. Then, remove 1 token from this card.
- At the End of this Villain Turn, this card deals each hero target X divided by 2 toxic damage, rounded up.
- Flavor text: "Seems one of my first bounties is here at the end of it all. Huh, figures." - Chrono-Ranger, Freedom Five #799
- Aeon Assault (x3)
- Play the top card of the Aeon Men deck. Move any Aeon Men in the other Battle Zone to this Battle Zone. The Scion with the highest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Aeon Men here.
- Art: Aeon Master creating a bunch of Aeon Men.
- Flavor-text: "Life. Death. Consume!" - Aeon Master, Scion Strike #2
- Certain Finality (x2)
- The Scion with the highest HP deals the Hero target with the lowest HP 10 irreducible Infernal Damage. If no targets are destroyed this way, move 1 Scion from the other Battle Zone to this Battle Zone.
- Art: Sky-Scraper and Captain Cosmic looking defeated with Faultless looming in the background.
- Flavor-text: "Things look a bit rough, and... well... they are quite bad. I don't know that we can go on." - Captain Cosmic, Prime Wardens #64
- Elemental Pandemonium (x2)
- The Scion with the highest HP deals each Hero target 2 Cold Damage, 2 Fire Damage, and 2 Lightning Damage.
- Art: Idealist and Tempest facing off against Golden Progeny unleashing his elemental energy.
- Flavor-text: "Oh, geeze. We can barely hurt Gary Goldman here, and he's pulverizing us!" - The Idealist, Void Guard #14
- Erase From Time (x2)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero Character Card with the lowest HP 3 Infernal Damage. Then, if that Hero is not incapacitated, each player discards 1 card.
- Art: Nixious entangling Argent Adept in its tentacles.
- Flavor-text: "Unhand me, vile fiend! Do not beg the Void to find itself within you..." - The Argent Adept, Scion Strike #4
- Reality Altered (x3)
- Destroy 2 Environment cards. Move each Aeon Man to the other Battle Zone. If OblivAeon is here, move OblivAeon to the other Battle Zone.
- Art: Voss looking into a globe displaying a landscape with "It's coming" written out in fiery letters in the sky.
- Flavor-text: "The time is now. Heroes of Earth, are you up to the task?" - Rainek Kel'Voss, Freedom Five Annual #30
- Relentless Hunter (x3)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP 5 Melee Damage. If no damage was dealt this way, move that Scion to the other Battle Zone and that Scion deals the Hero target with the highest HP 5 Melee Damage.
- Art: Empyreon holding Benchmark up with a hand over his mouth.
- Flavor-text: "Silence, little man. Your end is upon us, as is the end of all. Meet it with still lips." - Empyreon, Scion Strike #1
- Rend Minds and Souls (x3)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the 2 Hero targets with the highest HP 2 Psychic Damage each. Each Hero dealt damage this way destroys 1 of their non-Character cards.
- Art: Dark Mind sending her psychic energy through Setback's torso and Expatriette's forehead.
- Flavor-text: "The way you care for each other is... touching. I'll take that. It's all mine now." - Dark Mind, Scion Strike #3
- Scatter Slaughter (x2)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP Energy Damage and the Hero target with the lowest HP minus 1 Projectile Damage.
- Art: Sanction helmeted up and going ballistic with her energy beams.
- Flavor-text: "Judgement: Found wanting! Administering ultimate judgement!" - Sanction, Scion Strike #6
- Terrible Burden (x3)
- Move OblivAeon to this Battle Zone. Put the bottom card of the Scion Reserve in this Battle Zone. That Scion deals each Hero target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Fire Damage.
- Art: ObivAeon holding in his hand Borr the Unstable who's charging up with explosive energy.
- Flavor-text: "Yes, my master. I will carry this burden until the carrying undoes me." - Borr the Unstable, Scion Strike #4
- Wave Of Oppression (x2)
- Destroy 1 non-Target Environment card. The Scion with the lowest HP deals each non-Villain target 2 Psychic Damage. Each player discards 1 card.
- Art: A group of citzens looking despondent and apathetic while a shadow of Voidsoul looms over them.
- Flavor-text: "There is no hope. Nothing is real but despair. All you have left is your regrets." - Voidsoul, Freedom Five #797
|Height:||10' to 30'
|Occupation:||Hearld of the End Times|
|First Appearance:||Freedom Five #763
Main Episode: Has not had an episode yet
- Podcasts/Episode 11
- Podcasts/Episode 12
- Podcasts/Episode 13
- Podcasts/Episode 14
- Podcasts/Episode 15
- Podcasts/Episode 16
- Podcasts/Episode 19
- Podcasts/Episode 20
- Podcasts/Episode 21
- Podcasts/Episode 23
- Podcasts/Episode I-6
- Podcasts/Episode 24
- Podcasts/Episode 29
- Podcasts/Episode 31
- Podcasts/Episode 32
- Podcasts/Episode 33
- Podcasts/Episode 37
- Podcasts/Episode 39
- Podcasts/Episode I-11
- Podcasts/Episode I-12
- Podcasts/Episode 46
- Podcasts/Episode 47
- Podcasts/Episode 48
- Podcasts/Episode I-13
- Podcasts/Episode 55
- Podcasts/Episode 56
- Podcasts/Episode 59
- Podcasts/Episode 60
- Podcasts/Episode 63
- Podcasts/Episode I-17
- Podcasts/Episode 66
- Podcasts/Episode 74
- Podcasts/Episode X-7
- Podcasts/Episode 81
- Podcasts/Episode 82
- Podcasts/Episode 83
- Podcasts/Episode 88
- Podcasts/Episode I-23
- Podcasts/Episode 89
- Podcasts/Episode I-24
- Podcasts/Episode 112
- Podcasts/Episode 120
- Podcasts/Episode 121
- Podcasts/Episode I-35
- Podcasts/Episode 127
- Podcasts/Episode NEARE-1
- Podcasts/Episode I-39
- Podcasts/Episode 143
- Podcasts/Episode I-42
- Podcasts/Episode 150
- Podcasts/Episode 151
- Podcasts/Episode I-44
- Podcasts/Episode L-4
- Podcasts/Episode P-4
- Podcasts/Episode 162
- Progeny is the only villain that gave the Chairman cause for concern Podcasts/Episode_11
To Other Works
- As a near-unkillable engine of destruction bent on the annihilation of everything it sees, Progeny is similar to the DC villain Doomsday. As a shapeshifting creature which can mimic various forms and superpowers, he draws comparisons to Amazo, another DC villain.
- Progeny is meant to be the forerunner for an even more powerful force, referred to in his character bio as his “Progenitor.” This trait is likely a reference to the Silver Surfer, the herald of Galactus, the Eater of Worlds. The fact that both characters have a silvery continence furthers the comparison.
- The flavor text of “Beginning of the End” is a reference to the “Death of Superman” comic event, which had Doomsday advancing at a seemingly unstoppable rate towards Superman’s hometown of Metropolis. The flavor text replaces Metropolis with Megalopolis, Legacy’s hometown.
- As a metallic shapeshifter, Progeny is similar to the T-1000, the villain of the film “Terminator 2.” This is further referenced on the card “Obvious Futility,” which shows Progeny shapeshifting into a form which mimics Mainstay after Mainstay punches it. In “Terminator 2,” the T-1000 could mimic a person after they made physical contact with it.
Comic Books: Progeny
Small note: Items that are in bullets are from the Podcasts, so their form may not make sense, or feel like they are missing a part - its probably on another tab
Spoilers May Be Ahead - SCU and Miststorm Universe Tabs may contain spoilers for future products.
From far beyond our galaxy came a spark of creation. It arced through space and drove into the heart of our planet. As cosmic events transpired, that spark was called to wake. PROGENY was born, surging up though the crust of the Earth. It knew its two directives. It's first command: Destroy. It can assume many forms, and will make use of all of them to lay waste to lay waste to its surroundings. Its second command was less simple, but even more important: It must prepare for the arrival of its progenitor. PROGENY is the harbinger of the downfall of the human race, and with it, the multiverse itself.
After the defeat of Progeny, OblivAeon planted the spark that was the origin of the first scion in a new planet. OblivAeon's power fed that spark, and a new scion grew, far faster than the original. When OblivAeon ripped the newly reformed scion from the heart of the planet, shattering the world in the process, Progeny was ready to be unleashed on heroes of Earth [sic].