Realm of Discord
Environment: Realm of Discord
An ethereal plane only barely connected to this world via the crossing lines of the Multiverse, the Realm of Discord is an ever-shifting haven to chaos and entropy. The few solid forms in this dimension are constantly destroying themselves and reforming in entirely different forms.
The bizarre denizens of this plane thrive on the discordant disruptions, feeding off the panic of any which stumble upon the Realm. This is not a welcome place for mortal beings … and yet, the heroes are drawn through twisting portals to combat a great evil here as often as myriad extra-planar demons attempt to breach the barriers which prevent our world from being flooded with the innate chaos of the Realm of Discord.
- Ethereal Bonds  (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Energy Damage. A Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of the next Environment turn.
- Art: Nightmist being entangled din a green mist;
- Flavor text: The energy coalesced, forming tendrils which grasped at Nightmist's limbs. "Someone get this crap off me!" she shouted, losing her composure entirely.
- Explosive Bubbles  (x2)
- At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals 2 Energy Damage to the X non-Environment Targets with the highest HP, where X = the current HP of this card.
- Art: Bubbles floating through the Realm of Discord;
- Flavor text: The orbs moved as if alive and exploded on contact. "Move, move, move!" shouted Citizen Blood as the Citizens of the Sun ran from the iridescent bubbles.
- Ghostly Image (x1)
- When this card enters play, each Player reveals the top card of their deck. If it is a One-Shot, put it into play. If it is not a One-Shot, discard it and deal that Hero 2 Psychic Damage. At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.
- Art: A ghostly image of a former Legacy (America's Greatest) and Bunker;
- Flavor text: The heroes heard the echo of an older Legacy call out, "Let's go, team! Take the fight to them!" Many of them were inspired, but a few were shaken.
- Portal Fiend  (x2)
- At the start of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Environment Target with the second highest HP X Psychic Damage, where X = the number of cards in the Environment trash.
- Art: A Portal Fiend walking down a staircase;
- Flavor text: "Look out!" the Visionary yelled as the bizarre creature popped into existence. It paced around the heroes, attempting to make eye contact with each of them.
- Spinning Vortex (x1)
- When this card enters play, each Player may destroy any number of their Ongoing and/or Equipment cards. Then, any Hero with Ongoing and/or Equipment cards in play deals themselves 3 Sonic Damage. At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.
- Art: A silhouette of Bunker and Wraith stopping before a vortex that opened in the ground;
- Flavor text: Bunker and the Wraith shrunk from the looming portal which spun before them, drawing everything in the area closer to its point of destruction.
- Claustrophobic Delusion (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. All non-Hero Targets, other than the non-Hero Target with the lowest HP, are immune to Damage.
- Art: The boot of Captain Cosmic about to go over a very narrow landing;
- Flavor text: The crumbling floating walkway grew even narrower. Although the area seemed vast, there was hardly enough room to attack or maneuver.
- Imbued Frailty (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Increase all Damage dealt by 1.
- Art: The suit of Absolute Zero in tatters and Ryan Frost on his knees screaming with blue vapor coming off him;
- Flavor text: The strikes that might normally be glancing landed with crushing force. Absolute Zero knew he couldn't take much more of this punishment.
- Imbued Vitality (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Each Ongoing and Equipment card now has a maximum HP of 6.
- Art: The Wraith looking annoyed as the Impromptu Invention talks to her;
- Flavor text: "Hi Maia!" the device squeaked as it floated towards the Wraith. "Are we gonna fight crime? We have to save Rook City!" The Wraith just sighed.
- Negative Energy Field (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Whenever a card is played, deal the Targets with the highest HP 1 Infernal Damage each.
- Art: A bruised and beaten Tempest and Grand Warlord Voss fighting;
- Flavor text: Everything burned. Moving hurt, but staying in one place was worse. No matter what happened, one thing was clear: pain was the only truth now.
- Positive Energy Field (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Whenever a card is played, the Targets with the lowest HP regain 1 HP each.
- Art: Legacy hunched over in a field and Baron Blade looking surprised as his scar is healing;
- Flavor text: The glowing field gave off a pleasant ringing sound with each step. Baron Blade and Legacy glared at each other, but they clearly could not fight.
- Time Crawls (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Each Hero turn, that Hero's Player must skip either their Play or Power Phase. Reduce all Damage dealt by Villain Targets by 1.
- Art: Tachyon's body turning to lead slowing her down;
- Flavor text: Tachyon strained and wheezed as she tried to run, but it was no use. Her normally speedy limbs felt as though they were made of lead.
- Time Flies (x1)
- When this card enters play, destroy all other Distortion cards. Players may play an extra card on their Play Phase and draw an extra card on their Draw Phase. At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck.
- Art: Absolute Zero running at super fast speeds;
- Flavor text: Absolute Zero sped across the twisting plane, arcs of energy imbuing him with unearthly speed as he went. "This is not gonna end well... " he thought, grimly.
Meta: Realm of Discord
Main Episode: Episode 54
- Podcasts/Episode 3
- Podcasts/Episode 12
- Podcasts/Episode 13
- Podcasts/Episode 15
- Podcasts/Episode 17
- Podcasts/Episode 18
- Podcasts/Episode 29
- Podcasts/Episode 33
- Podcasts/Episode 35
- Podcasts/Episode 37
- Podcasts/Episode 38
- Podcasts/Episode I-11
- Podcasts/Episode 46
- Podcasts/Episode I-13
- Podcasts/Episode 52
- Podcasts/Episode 54
- Podcasts/Episode 56
- Podcasts/Episode 57
- Podcasts/Episode 61
- Podcasts/Episode 64
- Podcasts/Episode I-17
- Podcasts/Episode 71
- Podcasts/Episode 76
- Podcasts/Episode 79
- Podcasts/Episode 80
- Podcasts/Episode 81
- Podcasts/Episode X-6
- Podcasts/Episode 83
- Podcasts/Episode 84
- Podcasts/Episode 86
- Podcasts/Episode 88
- Podcasts/Episode 89
- Podcasts/Episode I-24
- Podcasts/Episode 98
- Podcasts/Episode 100
- Podcasts/Episode I-28
- Podcasts/Episode 106
- Podcasts/Episode 111
- Podcasts/Episode I-32
- Podcasts/Episode 119
- Podcasts/Episode I-34
- Podcasts/Episode 121
- Podcasts/Episode 123
- Podcasts/Episode 125
- Podcasts/Episode 126
- Podcasts/Episode I-37
- Podcasts/Episode I-39
- Podcasts/Episode 140
- Podcasts/Episode I-43
- Podcasts/Episode 150
- Podcasts/Episode I-44
- Podcasts/Episode L-4
- Podcasts/Episode P-7
- Podcasts/Episode P-8
- Podcasts/Episode 161
- Podcasts/Episode 164
- Podcasts/Episode 168
- Podcasts/Episode 169
- "Positive Energy Field" shows the incident during the Vengeance events where Baron Blade's various scars and injuries were healed and he and Legacy talked through some of their conflicts (Letters Page Episode 3).
Nothing Here Yet
To Other Works
- Dimensions of unrelenting chaos are common locales in comic books. One of the most famous examples is DC comic's version of the Fifth Dimension, which is home to the Superman villain Mister Mxysptlk. John Romita Sr., a quintessential silver-age artist, heavily utilized bizarre mystic landscapes of this sort in the Doctor Strange comic; time and gravity anomalies, ribbons of land stretching through starry voids, and phantasmal visions were all common tropes in such settings.
- If you have an additional power use on your turn and have to skip your power phase due to Time Crawls, you don’t get to use a power.
- If Time Crawls is destroyed in the play card phase, its effect is removed and you do not have to skip your power phase.
- Suppose Explosive Bubbles is at full HP and we have selected the 5 targets with the highest HP. If Explosive Bubbles hits Ra first, and he has Flame Barrier, Ra hits the bubbles back for 2 HP. At this point, Explosive Bubbles will hit 2 more targets. You need to re-evaluate the 2 highest HP targets from the subset of originally chosen highest HP targets. Note: this is not yet fixed in the video game, but will be in a later update.
- If “Imbued Vitality” is out, and thus the Sentinels have target equipment/ongoing cards, but then the last Sentinel is dealt damage such that all Sentinels are incapacitated, you do not flip the instructions card. The Sentinels live on through their stuff. They aren’t incapacitated until they run out of stuff or Imbued Vitality leaves play. Second Chance can still revive them in this state.
- When Shocking Animation and Imbued Vitality are both in play, the higher maximum HP is the target's max HP.
- Suppose Imbued Vitality is in play and the Wraith uses Stun Bolt on an equipment card. If Imbued Vitality is destroyed and then played again, the Stun Bolt effect no longer applies, because the equipment card has a "new" target.
- Suppose a Realm of Discord distortion is in play, and Stuntman has L'Embuscade in play. When another distortion is played, and L'Embuscade ends up playing In Medias Res, the destruction of the first distortion is skipped.
Negative Energy field and Positive Energy Field
- Both these cards have an effect which occurs whenever a card is played (“Negative Energy Field” deals damage and “Positive Energy Field” heals). If the card which was played is a target, the effects on these cards will affect those newly-played targets, just like any other target on the table. Answers to Debated Questions