- Corrupted Adjudicator 
- When the Scion Trash is shuffled into the Scion Deck, flip this Card.
- Whenever an Objective is moved to a hero play area or flipped in a hero play area, discard the top card of the Scion Deck.
- When this Card is Destroyed, each Player may move up to 2 cards from their Trash into their Hand. Then Remove this card from the Game.
- At the End of this Villain Turn, Discard the top card of the Scion Deck. Then this Card regains 3 HP and deals the hero target with the lowest HP 3 energy damage.
- At the End of this Villain Turn, discard the top card of the Scion Deck and each Hero Deck.
- Flavor text: "You're not innocent, but I don't know that you deserve the judgement this thing wants to dish out." - Legacy, Burying the Blade #10
- Judgement Has Come 
- Reduce damage dealt to this card by 2.
- When this card is destroyed, each hero target may deal 1 target 2 energy damage. Then, remove this card from the game.
- At the End of this Villain Turn, this card deals the hero with the highest HP X energy damage, where X = the number of cards in that hero's trash. If at least 4 damage is dealt this way, flip this card.
- Whenever this card deals damage, discard the top 5 cards of the scion deck.
- Flavor text: "Error. I am to pay for the crimes of humanity? Processing... accepted. Error dismissed." - Omnitron-U, Freedom Five #798
- Aeon Assault (x3)
- Play the top card of the Aeon Men deck. Move any Aeon Men in the other Battle Zone to this Battle Zone. The Scion with the highest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Aeon Men here.
- Art: Aeon Master creating a bunch of Aeon Men.
- Flavor-text: "Life. Death. Consume!" - Aeon Master, Scion Strike #2
- Certain Finality (x2)
- The Scion with the highest HP deals the Hero target with the lowest HP 10 irreducible Infernal Damage. If no targets are destroyed this way, move 1 Scion from the other Battle Zone to this Battle Zone.
- Art: Sky-Scraper and Captain Cosmic looking defeated with Faultless looming in the background.
- Flavor-text: "Things look a bit rough, and... well... they are quite bad. I don't know that we can go on." - Captain Cosmic, Prime Wardens #64
- Elemental Pandemonium (x2)
- The Scion with the highest HP deals each Hero target 2 Cold Damage, 2 Fire Damage, and 2 Lightning Damage.
- Art: Idealist and Tempest facing off against Golden Progeny unleashing his elemental energy.
- Flavor-text: "Oh, geeze. We can barely hurt Gary Goldman here, and he's pulverizing us!" - The Idealist, Void Guard #14
- Erase From Time (x2)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero Character Card with the lowest HP 3 Infernal Damage. Then, if that Hero is not incapacitated, each player discards 1 card.
- Art: Nixious entangling Argent Adept in its tentacles.
- Flavor-text: "Unhand me, vile fiend! Do not beg the Void to find itself within you..." - The Argent Adept, Scion Strike #4
- Reality Altered (x3)
- Destroy 2 Environment cards. Move each Aeon Man to the other Battle Zone. If OblivAeon is here, move OblivAeon to the other Battle Zone.
- Art: Voss looking into a globe displaying a landscape with "It's coming" written out in fiery letters in the sky.
- Flavor-text: "The time is now. Heroes of Earth, are you up to the task?" - Rainek Kel'Voss, Freedom Five Annual #30
- Relentless Hunter (x3)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP 5 Melee Damage. If no damage was dealt this way, move that Scion to the other Battle Zone and that Scion deals the Hero target with the highest HP 5 Melee Damage.
- Art: Empyreon holding Benchmark up with a hand over his mouth.
- Flavor-text: "Silence, little man. Your end is upon us, as is the end of all. Meet it with still lips." - Empyreon, Scion Strike #1
- Rend Minds and Souls (x3)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the 2 Hero targets with the highest HP 2 Psychic Damage each. Each Hero dealt damage this way destroys 1 of their non-Character cards.
- Art: Dark Mind sending her psychic energy through Setback's torso and Expatriette's forehead.
- Flavor-text: "The way you care for each other is... touching. I'll take that. It's all mine now." - Dark Mind, Scion Strike #3
- Scatter Slaughter (x2)
- The Scion with the lowest HP deals the Hero target with the highest HP Energy Damage and the Hero target with the lowest HP minus 1 Projectile Damage.
- Art: Sanction helmeted up and going ballistic with her energy beams.
- Flavor-text: "Judgement: Found wanting! Administering ultimate judgement!" - Sanction, Scion Strike #6
- Terrible Burden (x3)
- Move OblivAeon to this Battle Zone. Put the bottom card of the Scion Reserve in this Battle Zone. That Scion deals each Hero target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Fire Damage.
- Art: ObivAeon holding in his hand Borr the Unstable who's charging up with explosive energy.
- Flavor-text: "Yes, my master. I will carry this burden until the carrying undoes me." - Borr the Unstable, Scion Strike #4
- Wave Of Oppression (x2)
- Destroy 1 non-Target Environment card. The Scion with the lowest HP deals each non-Villain target 2 Psychic Damage. Each player discards 1 card.
- Art: A group of citzens looking despondent and apathetic while a shadow of Voidsoul looms over them.
- Flavor-text: "There is no hope. Nothing is real but despair. All you have left is your regrets." - Voidsoul, Freedom Five #797
Environment: The Celestial Tribunal
- Called to Judgement (x1)
- When this card enters play, search the Environment trash and deck for Representative of Earth and put it into play. 1 Hero may use the power on the Hero character card in this play area now. Then, shuffle this card and the Environment trash into the Environment deck.
- Art: Sky-Scraper bound with Tempest looking on;
- Flavor text: "The Thorathian Portja Kir-Pro - Also known as Sky-scraper - stands as a representative of the planet," boomed the disembodied voice. Tempest just stared.
- Character Witnesses (x1)
- At the end of the Environment turn, if each player discards 1 card, each target next to a trial regains HP. At the start of the Environment turn, 1 Hero may use the power on the Hero character card in this play area.
- Art: A bound Matriarch looks back as the Dark Watch teams comes into the room;
- Flavor text: A section of the chamber wall slid aside, revealing four heroes. "The human team known as Dark Watch shall now speak to the character of Lillian Corvus."
- The Celestial Chamber (x2)
- At the start of the Environment turn, move 1 Tribunal A.I. card from the Environment trash into play. At the end of the Environment turn, if there are no trials in play, play the top card of the Environment deck.
- Art: A large chamber with a small silhouette of a figure that looks like Omnitron-X standing in the middle;
- Flavor text: The ship floated in the vast expanse of space at the edge of the solar system. The inside of the ship echoed its exterior: huge, silent, and ominously prepared.
- Found Wanting (x2)
- Play this card next to a Villain target not next to a trial. If there are no valid targets, discard this card. If the target next to this card leaves play, destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, play the top card of the Environment deck.
- Art: Heartbreaker being shown screens of various victims;
- Flavor text: "Yeah, sure," Heartbreaker volunteered, interrupting the adjudicator's list of accusations. "I mean, that all sounds like me. So, why not take the credit?"
- Paragon of Sentience (x3)
- Play this card next to a Hero character card not next to a trial. If there are no valid targets, discard this card. If the target next to this card leaves play, destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, play the top card of the Environment deck.
- Art: The Celestial Adjudicator looking at screen showing Guise and Scholar fighting Aeon Men;
- Flavor text: "This is the one?" mused the adjudicator. "This is a zenith of humanity? He has equal parts light and darkness in him. He is no different. He shall be judged."
- Representative of Earth (x1)
- When this card enters play, choose a Hero character card from the box and put it into play next to this card. Set its max HP to 10. If that Hero is incapacitated, the Earth is sentenced to destruction. Game over. If this card leaves play, put that Hero back in the box.
- Art: The Celestial Adjudicator and a Celestial Executioner coming into a room where Omnitron-X is held hostage;
- Flavor text: "You have been summoned," stated the adjudicator with no hint of emotion in its mechanical voice. "Your actions shall be recorded and judged. You will comply."
- Celestial Adjudicator  (x1)
- Reduce damage dealt to Environment targets by 1. At the start of the environment turn, reveal cards from the top of the Environment deck until a Trial is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other revealed cards.
- Art: The Celestial Adjudicator looking at a hologram of Tachyon;
- Flavor Text: "I've translated the logs. It was created to be impartial, but it's harsh, judging even the mildest foibe. I'm sure I'll be punished for decrypting their systems." - Tachyon
- Celestial Executioner  (x4)
- At the start of the Environment turn, this card deals each target next to a Trial 3 energy damage. If no targets are dealt damage this way, reveal cards from the top of the Environment deck until a trial is revealed. Put it into play. Discard the other revealed cards.
- Art: A monstrous looking robot that is the Celestial Executioner;
- Flavor text: The mechanical voice spoke in English this time. "Target has been judged. Judgement is final. Punishment shall be administered. Do not resist. Resisting shall be judged."
Main Episode: Episode 48
- Podcasts/Episode 9
- Podcasts/Episode 11
- Podcasts/Episode 15
- Podcasts/Episode 20
- Podcasts/Episode 35
- Podcasts/Episode 40
- Podcasts/Episode 46
- Podcasts/Episode 48
- Podcasts/Episode 50
- Podcasts/Episode 59
- Podcasts/Episode 60
- Podcasts/Episode 68
- Podcasts/Episode 69
- Podcasts/Episode X-3
- Podcasts/Episode X-4
- Podcasts/Episode L-2
- Podcasts/Episode 79
- Podcasts/Episode 82
- Podcasts/Episode 83
- Podcasts/Episode 84
- Podcasts/Episode 88
- Podcasts/Episode I-23
- Podcasts/Episode I-24
- Podcasts/Episode I-31
- Podcasts/Episode I-35
- Podcasts/Episode 143
- Podcasts/Episode P-4
- Podcasts/Episode P-9
- Podcasts/Episode 167
- Podcasts/Episode P-10
- The holographic images pictured on “Found Wanting” display Dr. Tremata and the Fence. Both are shown with a projectile (a dart and an arrow respectively) jutting from the left side of their chests. The human heart is usually located on the left side of the chest. It is very probable that both of these characters were killed by such an injury. Based on the facial structure and hairline, the silhouetted figure on the third image to the right may be Tony Taurus.
- Relating to the above, the villain accused for the assaults/murders depicted on “Found Wanting” is referred to by the flavor text as “Heartbreaker.” Based on the methods of dispatch the holograms depict, it is clear that his name is a pun on his method of killing. The fact that heartbreaker uses various thrown projectiles to attack may make him an homage to the Marvel villain Bullseye.
- "Character Witnesses" shows the Dark Watch team coming to the defense of Harpy (in her solo hero costume, rather than either her Villain or Dark Watch costumes).
- "Called to Judgement" shows Sky-Scraper as a defendant and Tempest as a witness.
- "Paragon of Sentience" shows the Celestial Adjudicator observing The Scholar and Guise in a battle withAeon Men.
- "Representative of Earth" shows Omnitron-X being watched by the Celestial Adjudicator and Celestial Executioner.
- The tribunal was the only deck in SOTM that can draw cards from decks not used in the current in-play game (“Representative of Earth”). Until the Guise variant Completionist Guise was released.
To Other Works
- A court of powerful aliens judging humanity is a well-known science fiction staple. Perhaps the most popular example is the 1987 pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation “Encounter at Farpoint,” in which the human race was judged by an omnipotent race called the Q. In the episode, a small handful of humans were selected to represent the entire species, an M.O. shared by the Tribunal.
- The spaceship which houses the Celestial Tribunal is shaped like a massive sword. This may be a reference to the Sentient World Observation and Response Department (S.W.O.R.D.) from Marvel comics, a global defense group dedicated to protection from extraterrestrial threats. Additionally, the tribunal ship bears a strong resemblance to S.W.O.R.D.’s orbital base of operations, the Peak.
- The font for the Celestial Tribunal card backs is nearly identical to the one used in the 2011 superhero film Green Lantern.
Edit this Clarification
No Clarifications for any Game System regarding this character/environment yet
Comic Books: Sanction
Small note: Items that are in bullets are from the Podcasts, so their form may not make sense, or feel like they are missing a part - its probably on another tab
Spoilers May Be Ahead - SCU and Miststorm Universe Tabs may contain spoilers for future products.
In the far-reaches of space, there drifts a colossal unmanned manufactory, shaped like a sword.
None know the true origins of the vessel, but it is posited that some ancient alien race built the factory and its rules to act as judge and jury for their home planet. The ship has an impartial A.I. that Judges the actions of sentient life-forms it encounters. Then, if it senses any impropriety, it dispenses its executioners.
Automatons are constructed to severely punish those who the ship deems reprehensible. However, the A.I. is inordinately harsh in its rulings. So much, in fact, that many think this spelled the fate of the original creators of the A.I.
The Celestial Tribunal has acted thusly for millennia. If it finds its way into your galaxy, or if you find yourself in the range of its scanners, be prepared for a harsh sentence.
After the The Celestial Tribunal was defeated by its own logic at the hands of the heroes of Earth, it traveled deep space [sic], seeking to serve itself judgement. OblivAeon found it there and reshaped it as a weapon, both judge and executioner. Now the Tribunal is unleashed on Earth once again, as the scion Sanction!