The Final Wasteland/Clarifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ancient Library: if some situation causes the hero to only draw 1 card, the environment still plays a card.
- When there are multiple "when X would be destroyed, do Y instead" effects in play, the players decide which effect occurs. Only one effect can occur. This means that when Unforgiving Wasteland applies to a hero character card, or a villain that would flip instead of being destroyed, the players can choose whether the card flips or is removed from the game.
- Unforgiving Wasteland: When a hero is destroyed by an environment target and removed from the game, their cards are still removed from the game as well.
- On Apostate's flip side, the "reduced to 0 HP" check occurs before Apostate would be destroyed. This means that Unforgiving Wasteland cannot trigger in this case.
- If a hero is removed from the game by Unforgiving Wasteland, the value of "H" does not change.
- Heroes removed from the game via Unforgiving Wasteland still get an "empty turn" that consists of Start of Turn and End of Turn. This prevents problems like Galvanize or Throat Jab never expiring.
- If Heroic Infinitor gets removed from the game by the Unforgiving Wasteland, this is considered a win. Infinitor getting removed from the game can’t be a loss due to a lack of “lose the game” text.
- If a hero card is removed from the game by Unforgiving Wasteland, and Kinetic Looter is in play, the card is ignored because it’s no longer in the game.
- If Unforgiving Wasteland is in play and an environment target causes a Sentinel member to become incapacitated, they are removed from the game. However, the game goes on as normal for the rest of the Sentinels, minus that member. If they are all incapacitated the regular way, they just flip (along with the setup card) and they still have incapacitated abilities. However, if the Unforgiving Wasteland ends up removing ALL Sentinels members from the game, then the setup card is also removed from the game and they have no incapacitated abilities anymore.
- Because “unforgiving wasteland” removes cards from play instead of destroying them, effects which trigger from the destruction of a card won’t trigger when “Unforgiving Wasteland” is in play. for example, if one of Akash’Bhuta’s limbs are destroyed while “Unforgiving Wasteland” is in play, it won’t deal Akash’Bhuta any damage since that damage is triggered by the destruction of the limb. Fixed Point VS the Dreamer